The Mandalorian - The Client's War Medal

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kingolaf99

Anyone else interested in The Client's war medal from "The Mandalorian"?

hlu9y85pxq541.jpg

the-mandalorian-warner-herzog.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I think this is a super neat prop for an old Imperial hanger-on to have.
It's like the Imperial equivalent to the ANH Yavin medals.

I can imagine ze Client bringing this out to show the grandkids over dinner, telling old war stories, and then the grandkids thinking, "wait.... you were on the Imperial side???"

8ubGFLt.gif

LOL

Anyone making these yet?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I agree, it would be a really cool piece to have. I actually think the ribbon it's on is the coolest part.

Also, top notch Mitchell and Webb reference.

karmajay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I did not even realize that was a medal. I guess I took it as a symbol of his rank that he was holding on to.

kingolaf99

I agree, it would be a really cool piece to have. I actually think the ribbon it's on is the coolest part.

Also, top notch Mitchell and Webb reference.
Hahaha thank you, That Look was a great show. The ribbon is pretty awesome too, but I'm mainly interested in the medallion itself.

Should be easy enough to make a wax copy from a 3d printed master, then get it cast in brass or bronze.
Electroplate with gold for good measure?

neophyl

You wouldn’t need to cast that for a one off, you could etch it from a brass plate and it would look correct as it’s more polished brass on the relief parts and the sort of texture you get from etching brass in the recesses. Would take a lot of etch time though as the Depth of etch is quite deep. Use a vinyl cutter to make the etch resist.

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ive created a 3D model for anyone who wants to have ago, this is the first iteration. Still waiting for a verification email from thingiverse so i can upload and give you a download link. But here's some pics:
Is that a stl file !?

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I really want to make this, I'm in the process of trying to find the correct ribbon at the moment!
Yeah, the ribbon really makes it for me. I've seen a couple of replicas but with the wrong ribbon it just looks off.

I'd love a CNC'd brass one with correct ribbon...