The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon Blaster reference thread

I may have to buy this figure just to laser scan the blaster and scale it up 4X to get a really good CAD file of the grip cover. Then scan the base weapon's grip and inverse it to get the back of the grip cover and viola! Ready for 3D printing.

moff-gideon_star-wars_gallery_5fc6f6ced4706.jpg

I went poking around today and found this, cropped from a promo picture of the upcoming 1/6 Sideshow figure. Lame that the toy maker guys get references pictures and we don't. ;) Not a lot of close view of the detail, but a very good profile for the basic shape, which I assume is fairly accurate.
Sideshow-1-6th-MoffGideon-blaster.jpg

If one gets desperate one could find pics of the Black Series blaster at Action Figure BBQ. Reasonably good looking for such a tiny thing!

Last edited:
One thing I noticed about this figure...

moff-gideon_star-wars_gallery_5fc6f6ced4706.jpg

There's an ambidextrous safety on the slide rear that's not on the full size prop ?

A couple shots from "The Mandalorian Experience" I found online. Like many others at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2022, I was unable to get into the exhibit itself so I didn't get to take the detailed close-ups I hoped to. If anyone else finds some more detailed images online, please post them. Still want to know how they did that grip cover.

269E87B6-8410-4719-A105-1913ED8E7FE6-scaled.jpeg

9082F877-DD1B-4C53-9661-4B868E2BAC1C-scaled.jpeg

Oh my heart jumped!!! I’ve been collecting parts for this guy for a while, but so little reference! Thank you for posting this, I’m quite grateful. :love: I’ll probably edit this after I’ve chilled enough to look hehe…

Edit: I have been considering vacuuforming for the grip. It just hit me, Oiy!? Kydex. I’ll be trying this ASAP, fully expected to work. :ninja:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back