The King's Man- Duke of Oxford Leather coat.

Here’s a close up of the buttons.

31FFA643-EF56-46A8-B4FA-726FC828E54D.png

The moment I saw that (coming from a person who grew up shooting) it seemed absurd to me to fire a shotgun round from a pistol.

I wasn't wrong
Wow...that's "gun" is going Mach 2 on the insane level baro_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm wondering why it didn't come with some kind of attachment going from the gun to your forearm to, somewhat, lighten the recoil and wrist pain it generates!

I just checking if I develop Duke of Oxford coat so this leather will work nicely.
It's looks great to me, what do you think?
Kingsman-3-Duke-of-Oxford-Brown-Coat.jpg

It's mean base are right but color is lighter than movie coat.
I'll figure out more close color, or will ask my tanner if he can make it more darker.
The only issue I'll face if I develop this coat, "THE BUTTONS".

Animal horn can be worked with simple hand and power tools. It machines much like plastic, without the problem of melting, although dust and odor can be problems. Simple jigs could allow you to produce these in limited quantities without too much effort. To find the raw material you can search for animal horn slabs or knife scales. For less work you can also search for "thick horn buttons" of the proper diameter which will come at a higher price. These will probably have an undesirable, recessed front face but if you reverse them you will have a flat or slightly curved back face you can sculpt to the correct profile.

Animal horn can be worked with simple hand and power tools. It machines much like plastic, without the problem of melting, although dust and odor can be problems. Simple jigs could allow you to produce these in limited quantities without too much effort. To find the raw material you can search for animal horn slabs or knife scales. For less work you can also search for "thick horn buttons" of the proper diameter which will come at a higher price. These will probably have an undesirable, recessed front face but if you reverse them you will have a flat or slightly curved back face you can sculpt to the correct profile.
Or you can 3-D print them;)

After watching the movie, now I'm interested in developing this coat but, without same movie's button I know I can't find them out in our local market but similar buttons.

After my initial post I looked around and landed on a vendor to make this coat.
I have messaged Jameel Ur since and if I had known he was on here and willing to make it or if he had seen my post sooner I would have had him making this.
Its not that I didn't want to work with him its that I had already gone another route when we started talking.....

So got an update today and looks like its almost complete minus some buttons and belt. Had some input from Oxford (THANK YOU!) who helped me with some measurements and some decisions regarding the collar.

The only issue I am seeing is the map pocket positioning (and maybe its size). As info I asked for it to look like these pics rather than the lighter tan.
88F6A777-6485-4F59-A121-3FC3B8DA3B89.jpeg
2470E535-BEF1-430F-8560-69212220087D.jpeg

9907B915-A1F3-40AB-ABAE-6650677ECFD9.jpeg
6DE40973-8C3E-4184-90DD-04D8391DA827.jpeg
530A617A-FEEF-49CE-B5B7-8EB35B692C75.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back