The Jokers parade balloon

MrWright79

For next years 4th of July parade I'm going to include a smaller version (10-15ft) of the balloon in the 89 Batman as seen here-Batman - La parade du Joker ! (1989) - YouTube
I plan on making it myself, and I figure it'll be somewhat like making a large stuffed animal, just using nylon instead of cloth, and filled with helium instead of stuffing..
So I don't have anything to show for yet, but I'm starting this thread to see if any of you have any experience/advice in making these and/or parade floats, as I plan on replicating the pink cake float he rides on as well..
Thanks in advance, and here's some pictures of us in last years 4th parade:)

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00287.jpg

Video- Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Wicked Nicolson, very convincing

Thanks, that's my brother.. I put both our costumes together for last years Halloween and we had so much fun we wanted to do it more often, so we did a parade and possibly might do some kids birthday partys..
Here's a shot of us last year, I put all but the Poision Ivy together (riddler was a eBay buy)
3194-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm... That Joker suit looks familiar...Morris? LOL I have the same one and love it! If you get the balloon flying let me know I would love to get one for my group!

Hmm... That Joker suit looks familiar...Morris? LOL I have the same one and love it! If you get the balloon flying let me know I would love to get one for my group!

I will get one flying for sure, so I'll let you know.. as far as the suit I got the jacket/vest and pants again on eBay (so yeah it probably is Morris) but the hat/shoes I bought locally, both came black, and I painted them purple, then the shirt I got kohl's If I remember correctly.

This sounds awesome. Are you doing the balloon that was directly above the float?

My favorite line from that film is: He stole my balloons! Why didn't somebody tell me he had one of those things?

Good luck, I'll definetly be watching this thread.

Great idea, also NEVER get tired of seeing that 89' batsuit..just love it!! :thumbsup Also just curious what heighth and weight are you..just seem spot on for Batman in those pics..trying to determine if I could pull off the suit or not....

This sounds awesome. Are you doing the balloon that was directly above the float?

My favorite line from that film is: He stole my balloons! Why didn't somebody tell me he had one of those things?

Good luck, I'll definetly be watching this thread.

That's the plans!.. Then the float will be pulled my a 1979 Malibu (painted purple and green of course) and the driver of the car will be wearing this-Dark Knight Joker Goon - Overview

And oh yeah, that's a great line:)

Appreciate it, Im about 5'11" and about 205 athletic build...so maybe a shoe with a tad thicker soul or a short lift insert..2" or so...would really look good for me, thanks again.

Honestly man you'd be fine without a lift, If I remember correctly Michael Keaton is only 5'9" and I think he looked okay in the suit. 2 cents

Small update: I don't have any pictures of the balloon progress but I picked up some white vinyl shower curtains and I've been testing paints to see which ones stick yet still look good when streched, also tested different adhesives to make sure the seams are air tight and I think I've found the winning combinations..
We also decided we're gonna pull the float with a replica Goon car, so a few months ago the search began..
There were two different cars in the movie, a 78 Dodge 3700 GT which is not made here in the states, and a 4-door 79 Chevy Malibu..
I like the look of the 3700 GT more but I found a Malibu 10 minutes from my brothers house that is in great shape and I don't have to find a way to ship it here overseas!
So anywho here it is, and for a 32yo car it's not bad, rebuilt motor/trans, complete flowmaster exhaust, after some minor body work and a couple coats of green and purple paint she'll be a beauty :lol
MVC-002S.jpg

MVC-003S.jpg

MVC-007S.jpg

MVC-009S.jpg

MVC-010S.jpg

MVC-011S.jpg

---------------------------
Mailibu.png

Malibu2.png

Malibu3.png

So long story short yesterday we pulled everything in the interior out, except the seats and dash because it was all shot.. we plan on re-doing it but want to do a custom interior..
I'm looking for your guy's suggestions, what should be in, or what would look cool in the inside of the Bobmobile?
Some ideas we were playing around with were covering the headliner, pillars, dash in-
1. fake fur (probably black).
2. Trying to find and match all his colors from one of his movie suits, most likely this one-
IMG00308-20101012-1954.jpg

3. Using a Batman themed fabic, like in this eBay link
Or what do you think I should do with it?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back