Batman 1989 Vault weapons display

No mounting plans. It’s going to sit in the corner of my office near the Begins armoire for now.
Or...

You could paint a section of your wall to match it, recess an oval opening into it, hang a batsuit in there and attach the hinges...

...erm, I mean, yeah. In the corner works for now. :p

Or...

You could paint a section of your wall to match it, recess an oval opening into it, hang a batsuit in there and attach the hinges...

...erm, I mean, yeah. In the corner works for now. :p
The wife has already been asking if I'm planning to turn the office into a cave. The best I can do for now is a grey accent wall.

Couple more shots in natural light and another angle.

What’s left:

- I want a bead of glue around the gearbox cylinders, both to help hold them in place, and for accuracy, it will look a bit like a weld.

- Ideally I want the cross bars a little bit darker. I’ve been trying some things but so far everything rubs off as the bars pass through the parts. I’m considering a chemical blackening.

- Center gearbox cylinder behind the hand wheel sticks out a bit too much. Thinking of takng that one down to 1.8” from its current 3.6” height. So I haven’t permanently locked that one down yet.

- Get the Velcro in place for the weapons side foam insert.

- Overall continuing to lightly paint and blend all the components together a bit more.

I want to give a massive thanks again to Johann Leiter for the CAD designs for pretty much every part on the outside except the wheel. We worked closely to get these designs as close as possible to original while also accounting for my smaller scale and what I actually built.

Attachments

• IMG_4369.jpeg
    IMG_4369.jpeg
    826 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    711.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Couple of updates. I decided to blacken the cross bars and hand wheel. I am also replacing the foam insert with a piece that’s 1.25” taller, eliminating the gap at the ends. The 14 (!) pieces of industrial Velcro I was using to hold the foam proved to still not be strong enough, so I am reworking the way the foam is installed. I’ve considered just blasting it with spray glue, but I don’t want it to be permanent in case I ever swap the foam again (got my eye on that ParagonFX Batarang), but more robust than just the Velcro’s sticky-back. Another update coming when that’s all done.

Also todo: laying down a line of adhesive caulk around the gearbox cylinders to help hold them more permanently in place. I can do that now, since I’ve also swapped out the hand wheel gearbox for a lower profile 2” remodeled version, which, while sacrificing some screen accuracy, lets the wheel sit a bit closer to the door and and works better for my plans where this side will mostly face a wall anyhow.

Attachments

• IMG_5027.jpeg
    IMG_5027.jpeg
    701.8 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5029.jpeg
    IMG_5029.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
This is so beautiful! I wish my prop display was 1% as good! This and the cabinet from Batman Begins? You are a machine!!!

(Probably) final update. Got a chance to take some good pictures more suited for public sharing. I don’t foresee any further changes to this, other than possibly swapping the Batarang and Smoke Capsules to ParagonFX’s version when they are released.

Thanks for watching everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_5628.jpeg
    IMG_5628.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5638.jpeg
    IMG_5638.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5630.jpeg
    IMG_5630.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_5607.jpeg
    IMG_5607.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5614.jpeg
    IMG_5614.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5623.jpeg
    IMG_5623.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5626.jpeg
    IMG_5626.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 77

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back