The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Post-release)

Just saw the second one. Sorry, but this series just doesn't do much for me. To me, it just seems the author watched Survivor and said "Hey, what if this was real?" The first half of this movie was so boring. I'm not one of those people who has to have action every second but this just dragged on and on before they got to the arena. I just don't feel anything for any of these characters.

The costume design of the rich (?) people just seems like left over Clockwork Orange stuff and I don't get the big deal with Jennifer Lawrence. Don't get me wrong, she is highly attractive, but she is just not my type for some reason. As for Josh Hutcherson, all I can think of when I see him is "Get me a juice box, beeyotch!"

And speaking of our favorite thread "What are you tired of seeing in movies?"--Where in the heck does she get all these arrows? Are they self-replicating? Because they certainly seem to be. Literally, there are "real-time" shots in this movie where her quiver is 100% empty, the very next shot there are three arrows (I counted), then the very next shot it is completely full. I mean come on!! I'm all for suspension of belief, but these shots are all in the same scene! All this happens while they doing this one long run. It's not like there are cuts where you could say "Okay, here she stopped and retrieved her arrows". Which she couldn't have done anyway because they are constantly fleeing something and her arrows are either running around stuck in wounded monkeys, lost in the water, shot into flying birds, or shot half a mile high straight up into the dome!!

So just take Survivor, The Running Man, throw in some Clockwork Orange wardrobe, add some Twilight teenage angst, and just a dash of The Truman Show, and you've got this series.

I just watched it yesterday and rather than type out my thoughts, I'll just agree with you.
You pretty much nailed my thoughts on the film. Fought to stay awake during the first half
and sat and watched everyone hang out on the beach in the second.

The arrows coming and going didn't escape me either. She depleted them shooting at the
monkeys, then turns and she has a full load again??????????

Not sure why people make a big fuss over these films but then again, they did it for Lord of the Rings
and I can't make it through any of those either. LOL.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back