the grand budapest hotel

As promised, below is a high rez version of the Grand Budapest Hotel dust jacket. I used the image found by Mechanized as the basis, although I'm not sure if it was actually from the movie or not since I had to do some modifications for it to look closer to the screen grabs; there are still some differences, but I fixed the most egregious. With the exception of the author photo, everything else is in a vector format so that it can be scaled without loss of quality.
I used the dimensions of a book jacket that appeared to be the same size as what is seen onscreen. The flat size is 16.5"x8.5", so you may have to print it out in pieces if you don't have a large format printer. I've left the PDF open for editing, feel free to make it your own, as long as it's for your own personal use. Enjoy! :D (The JPG is for reference only, use the PDF to print)
GBH_Book_Jacket.jpg
GBH_Book_Jacket.jpg

Attachments

• GBH_Book_Jacket.pdf
    8.7 MB · Views: 53
I already had this cover printed (without the quality CreateTillIDie kindly made available). Once I was lucky to find a book with a red cover it suits just fine (like in the movie). I will have this printed in large format.
Don't know why but when I open the PDF the background is white and not pink…
From the screenshots it looks that the book has no title on the spine

Here's the cover I had

pic3.jpgpic4.jpg

Screenshots:

screenshot_1.jpgscreenshot_2.jpg

Nice work (y) I actually like the addition of the title on the book spins.

Imo, I think if the back picture of Mr. Wilkinson was a bit smaller it would help with having the title on the spine show.

Either way, it’s a great recreation of the book.

Nice work (y) I actually like the addition of the title on the book spins.

Imo, I think if the back picture of Mr. Wilkinson was a bit smaller it would help with having the title on the spine show.

Either way, it’s a great recreation of the book.

Thanks, I'm glad everyone likes it.

How the spine appears is completely reliant on the thickness of the book you're using. Since the PDF is both editable and saved with layers, you should be able to shift the Front and Back elements either inward or outward to accommodate the spine of the book you choose for your prop. Any program capable of editing vector illustrations and can utilize layers should work. In addition to Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw and the various freeware editors available should do the trick.

I'm always available to answer questions about working with graphics programs, especially vector based ones, just contact me through my RPF account.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back