The Flash Possible WayneTech Cosplay

ShadowWorks FX

Hello, After seeing the concept art of the flash from the BVS Ultimate Edition, I wanted to find more concept art. I was wanting to cosplay it but have no idea how to go about building the suit. If anyone has any tips and or ideas, they would greatly be appreciated.

ezra_miller_s_flash__by_kevininsanr-da93tmz.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The suit is so close to his body, I would build the base as a well-shaded dye-sublimation lycra suit. That sort of design takes a long time to learn, but there are several different artists to whom you can commission the design for a very reasonable price. Then you can just send the design to a fabric printer like Fabric On Demand to print, and sew it up. Once I had that, I would probably make certain accents out of Worbla, or 1/8"-1/4" EVA foam (knees, outer thighs, shoulders, and probably an upper chest piece).

Thank you! I really like that idea. A friend of mine suggested a urethane suit, similar to the Batman begins suit. I was wondering what your opinion is on possibly make a urethane suit with maybe a 3D printed cowl.

It surely is possible, but it would be very expensive ! A combination of a lycra undersuit, such as Vox suggested, with urethane rubber raised parts would yield an awesome result I reckon, and might be more flexible and durable than using worbla, but a whole lot more expensive than foam.

You'd have to sculpt or 3D design and print all the pieces, then mold them and cast them. Same for the cowl, a thin urethane cowl would blend in the suit just right.
Unless you know yourself how to either sculpt in clay or model in 3D the design and have free access to a 3D printer, and how to mold and cast things, I don't see how you'd be able to keep it under the 1K$ mark. And if you have to use shapeways or another commercial 3D print service, you can easily triple that amount probably ! You could try to make a run to recuperate some of the costs, but it looks to me like every parts must fit together rather precisely, which means it would need to be custom designed for your body, and thus would not fit most other people unless they are close to your exact measurements.

All in all, depending on your budget, I'd start with the lycra dye-sub anyway, then either look into a foam build, or a urethane build

Thanks! I also found some more concept art for the suit.

justice-league-movie-the-flash-concept-art.jpg

justice_league_flash_ezra_miller_03_07_2016_by_lucasboltagon-da8r29s.jpg

What I may do is get the lycra dye-sub suit, and puffy paint it for extra texture. And then add some Urethane parts for the certain parts, like how Vox suggested. I may actually add some LEDs to behind the logo and yellow trim of the arms, so I can give the speed force explosion look much like the above photo.

Last edited:
After looking even closer at all the art for the suit, I can see the under suit that I would have to use a Lycra suit. While the arm and legs seem to be harder parts, I don't know how I would get the stomach to work, as it would have to be flexible while still keeping its shape.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back