The Encounter - My 2nd Modelkit WIP

Great job on the Pred. I enjoy seeing masked off areas to avoid overspray...

What did you use for the vines?

Hey i used some small branches of van Ivy,
Yeah i alwats mask off areas to to avoid spraying over.. takes a hell of a time to do but it works great!
Tomorrow I will probably start doing the golden rings in the predator hair and some more plastic plants and such on the base..

I've ordered a hot toys dutch pants for my dutch.. i hated and didn't really wanted to brush his camo pants.. i liked the hot toys pants and make that one dirty..

Really nice work on this kit. What are you planning to use to fill the base with?

John

Hi John,
I'm planning to use liquid polyester with some liquid harder that will harden the water look polyester,
it's been used for repairing car bumpers (I'm in the car business, car mechanic/partsmanager)

I also will add some sand and grey look for in the water to make it like real mud water

ps. check my entire collection (photo's are 8 months old, so there are alot of updates done in the last 8 months which are not in the photo's) www.xs4all.nl/~argibay

The finished piece looks awesome! Love the subtle details you have in there, like the bruises on Dutch and the blood on the preds leg. Also the water makes it look more realistic. Damn I so want one of these sets but they're just a little out of my price range.

The finished piece looks awesome! Love the subtle details you have in there, like the bruises on Dutch and the blood on the preds leg. Also the water makes it look more realistic. Damn I so want one of these sets but they're just a little out of my price range.

It's worth the price!
Thankfully i can now paint kits like these myself.. so that saves money...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back