"The Dutchman, is under MY control!" 1/72 Flying Dutchman POTC

Re: Coming soon . . .1/72 Flying Dutchman POTC

also, i planned on using the green shrubbery stuff for seaweed on my kit -- the kind they use on train miniatures...so this is something you might consider -- not sculpting it onto sails, but letting it be something you add to the sails or elsewhere on kit after it is built. my 2 cents.

regardless, please keep me on any mailing list you compile once kit is listed for sale -- teckel@bellsouth.net

i will also check this thread over the coming months.

Last edited:

Got the teeth wrapped up, as well as the various boards underneath, and have started on the rails. Bow sprit and grim reaper have also been started.

Also have all the faces on the side ready to be cast so I can reapeat them up and down the ship, and started the cannon.

Primed it in red due to running out of gray.
More to come
Enjoy!

10379-shipred.jpg

Thanks! Got nearly the whole starboard side 'faced.' The grey primer makes this look alot more like I want it too. I've laid a bit too much on, so once I tear back down, I'll do a bit of re-scribing.

picture.php

picture.php

Once I'm back to the captain's cabin, I'll probably start laying some silicone here and there so I can handle this thing a bit less delicatly.

this is going to be fantastic. i have decided that i will not continue work on the WASA ship i was converting (just had one side more or less done) as it was smaller in scale and would be nowhere near as detailed...it would have been close, but for all the work i would have to put into finishing it, i just as soon build your kit.

i am honestly amazed that someone is doing this -- i thought i was one of the only people on this forum who truly wanted a model of this ship...and i am glad i got my hands on a ZVEZDA Pearl before they had to alter the kit due to the license issues with Disney.

i am still a bit surprised that an official licensed kit was never offered of these ships...i guess they figured the toy versions of the ships and/or the small handful of other licensed ship replicas would fill market need...and maybe they were right.

regardless, i can't say enough about how excited i am that someone with your skill is doing this. i look forward to purchasing your kit and displaying it alongside my Pearl.

Thanks man . . .I just hope you and I aren't the only ones!! Casting this thing should be a major undertaking!!

Either way, if this is successful, I can easily see myself moving onto a Queen Anne's Revenge. All you gotta build is add on parts!! :lol

Oh yea, seen those!! THose pics really got me charged up on the smaller version I had sculpted, and later, tossed once the Pearl came out in 72nd scale.

Looking forward to seeing this kit!

Hotshot ~ keep me posted bobjacon@comcast.net as to when you get this casted up. I too am also working on the Black Pearl along with drmcoy and think this would make a great addition to the fleet!

MMM

Last edited:

This is looking FANTASTIC! I will DEFINITELY be interested in a kit to match the Zvezda 'Black Pearl' ship...

:thumbsup

Front railing and bow sprit nearly done. Faces on both sides are done. Pics coming soon.

Got the bow sprint up and in, and am wrapping up the railings. I'm looking forward to getting all the main deck and gangway railing done too, as that will be the halfway point on the ship's body. I've also gotten the faces done on each side, and have even mocked up the cannons, including the triple guns. I've also got a touch of correction tomake to some of the lines on the hull. More pics coming soon. . . .I don't have enough room to fully photograph this thing!!

picture.php

You have to keep me posted on this. I soooooooooo Want one!

Got the bow sprint up and in, and am wrapping up the railings. I'm looking forward to getting all the main deck and gangway railing done too, as that will be the halfway point on the ship's body. I've also gotten the faces done on each side, and have even mocked up the cannons, including the triple guns. I've also got a touch of correction tomake to some of the lines on the hull. More pics coming soon. . . .I don't have enough room to fully photograph this thing!!

picture.php

Trade you a half scale 1701 for one!! ;)

Seriously though . . .I should have this ready for sale round about late Feb. I'm dying to do the paint job!!

hey hotshot, what's your best guess at price? even a range would be nice -- simply ask so i know how many pennies i need to be savin', cause i'll want one of the first one's out of your molds!

PM or email me if needed to stay within board guidelines.

I think we're gonna be in the neighborhood of 300-400 . . . Most of the cost will go towards the packing and shipping. I'll know more once the sails and masts are figured out and I can do some real work on the silicone and resin math. I also am not sure if I'm going to have the captain's cabin and various decks open for stowage and cannon placement, or just have slots for the cannon to sit in.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back