The Dejarik Project (Table Finished)

Tea

The table is finished! (But the project continues)

Here is a video overview of its functionality. Sorry about the cell phone quality, I'm hoping to shoot some better video later:

Here are some photos of the finished table:

View attachment DSC_0059.JPG View attachment DSC_0055.JPG View attachment DSC_0113.JPG
View attachment DSC_0056.JPG View attachment DSC_0121.JPG
View attachment DSC_0086.JPG

For more pictures of the Holomosters, check out my Holomonster thread here: http://www.therpf.com/f79/holochess-dejarik-figure-set-231780/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post:

I'm very excited to have finally reached the point where I can show off my latest project - A full sized Holochess table that lets you play the game of Dejarik!

Many of you might have seen my other thread where I have been sculpting all of the Holomonsters, I've taken the next step and am now beginning the initial development for a full sized table to display them on (and play with them!).

If you have 20 Minutes today to watch this video I made, I would love to hear your comments. If you don't have that much time, you can jump ahead to 15:05 to see the cool part.

I'll be posting my progress in this thread, and eventually might be offering kits to help you build your own table. I also might eventually be producing 1:3 scale tables and figures so you can play without a full sized table, and even a generic version of the game that lets you play with a set of custom dice.

Thanks in advance for following along! Comments & suggestions are more than welcome.

dejarik_project.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The Dejarik Project

So you do not only have great skills at sculpting and casting . . . but electronics and prop building as well? Amazing!

Chaim

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Seriously dude, this is amazing! I wish you the best and can't wait to see your progress!

Thanks guys! Here is a sampling of the font my brother and I have developed for the game:

Dejarik_Font.png

Haven't watched the vid yet (I will) and so have no idea if this is a possibilty, but I NEED one of these in my Movie themed basement bar...

SO just saying... if you're casting, I may be buying...

Can't watch the vid at the moment, but definitely interested a table kit to display your awesome chess pieces! Looks extremely promising already!

Thanks again guys!

My dad and I worked a bit on a cutting/spinning jig for cutting the inner wood frame and spinning the table top. I'm still grinding down my top to size, but I'm happy with the "spun" look I've been able to achieve with this jig. I've also found a good method for cutting and finishing my blue/red light disks.

20150714_182146.jpg

The table half is fully printed, still quite a bit of finishing work though. This half will be molded and used to make the two table halves.

20150714_182349.jpg

Yes, at this point, kits & finished tables are very likely! I'll need to finish this one and see just how much work/cost is involved in the end, but I am doing things with the thought of making many more of these in the back of my mind.

The table top half looks excellent! As a kit, two halves would be easier to ship, yeah? Really want one of these, but thinking that shipping would be a killer.

Yeah I'm definitely interested... hoping it doesn't break the bank. I have the perfect corner for this....

This is by far one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I can't wait to see a full game once it's finished :)

Have you considered doing augmented reality for the game? I know it's definitely a whole other ballgame but just watch this video and tell me it wouldn't be awesome to see virtual Dejarik on your phone... you could make a killing selling the app and a mini table that connects via bluetooth or something.... the possibilities are literally endless

https://youtu.be/T7-7Ebod7bc

Last edited:

Finished designing and etching two new Arduino Mega shields for each half of the table today. I'll be drilling and populating the board tomorrow.. Let's hope I got it right the first time!

20150720_224645.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back