The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Just to throw a little spin on things, here's a preview of what I'm working on for Halloween this year.

I present... Steampunk Starlord:

steampunkstarlord2.jpg

Still a bit of work to do, but I think I'll have it ready for parties this coming weekend.

WesleyAlvis42 Not sure anyone has done a metal Star-Lord helmet. You might want to talk to the people who do metal Iron Man suits, of which there are a couple builds here. But they will probably just tell you to weld it.

@Zuiun Nice work. I remember seeing a steampunk Star-Lord a couple years ago in Portland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to throw a little spin on things, here's a preview of what I'm working on for Halloween this year.

I present... Steampunk Starlord:

View attachment 768202

Still a bit of work to do, but I think I'll have it ready for parties this coming weekend.

That looks awesome! I can't wait to see the full costume. I'd also love to see more detail shots! :)

That looks awesome! I can't wait to see the full costume. I'd also love to see more detail shots! :)

I'll try to put together some detail stuff, but really this is just a super quick and dirty re-purpose of an XCOSER helmet because I don't have a lot of time to invest in it. So while I do like the overall look, there's a TON of things I'd do differently had I the time. I consider this a trial run for a more polished version down the road, but it'll definitely get me by for Halloween. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

How did you painted it? Always had trouble with painting plastic stuff.. Did you sanded it first? And which paints do you use :confused

I've modified the Marvel Legends to add the side LED, replaced the lenses with scored lenses from my XCoser (pic is before painting and with stock light source intact), LED light strips to create the ring around the eyes (and blue filters behind for visibility), and painted with a charcoal metallic finish. Very happy with the result.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/4fec823e35097e67b239a67f80f58204.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170802/eeb28ebf9a68faa7dfc8305f2e20cd8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, people that have had success getting the Marvel Legends helmet taken apart and reassembled. I was replacing my lenses, and putting this thing back together is (as others have mentioned) a mild challenge. In particular, I’m having issues getting the face plate reattached at the bottom. It seems like there’s something in the way of getting mask to sit flush and reattach to the mounting points. I worked at this for the better part of an hour before giving up.

Anyone out there have some advice on what I’m doing wrong? I’m hoping there’s a trick I’m just stupidly missing on getting this to work out!

Ok, people that have had success getting the Marvel Legends helmet taken apart and reassembled. I was replacing my lenses, and putting this thing back together is (as others have mentioned) a mild challenge. In particular, I’m having issues getting the face plate reattached at the bottom. It seems like there’s something in the way of getting mask to sit flush and reattach to the mounting points. I worked at this for the better part of an hour before giving up.

Anyone out there have some advice on what I’m doing wrong? I’m hoping there’s a trick I’m just stupidly missing on getting this to work out!

I had a lot of trouble with this part too. The problem is that the side pipes (the ones you have to cut to get the front face apart) have to kind-of "wrap" around the front. Its difficult because there are also two little clips inside that have to be hooked in the right position as well. My advice would be to try to get one side secured and then move on to the other. Get the pipe in, then get the clip in, then work your way over to the other side. And you'll have to sort-of bend the plastic outward to get it to wrap around and click into place. It feels like you're going to break it but you won't. Just don't put too much prying force on the thin little side pipes.

I have been slowly but surely assembling my vol. 2 costume and it is finally close to completion. I still need blasters, holsters, necklaces, and a few little details but aside from that it looks great! My jacket is from USA jacket and is extremely nice. I was a little skeptical but it came out as a perfect fit and looks fairly accurate for the price. I got the shirt from hjackets.com. The pants aren’t very accurate but they look the part for now and I got those from eBay here: https://m.ebay.com/itm/MENS-ARMORED...hash=item58b16e2b26:m:mW0lAKS9AJi-ZDpBXL-Glfw
4ff3a2202c4d672e12bc00a2ec772053.jpg
e99315ccd6b0b9c750a91fc0a5d2e9b8.jpg
Here is a close up look at the shin guards. The back black piece was made of leather we dyed black and the front was made two layers of craft foam with some mesh glued on either side for some added texture.
ae08362c8e1a85d260825f42b6edfb9d.jpg
The belt we made by hand using leather and used a medium brown leather dye. The center buckle was made of leather as well and painted silver with a bit of rub and buff. The triangular rings on either side of the buckle were made of magic sculpt which is an excellent sculpting material that is cheap, hardens quickly and can be sanded after gardening.
e23f5b5e6414e282b5449e920677cf8c.jpg
I don’t have boots or boot covers yet as well as necklaces, blasters, and holsters so if any of you have any ideas on where to get some that would be awesome.

I have been slowly but surely assembling my vol. 2 costume and it is finally close to completion. I still need blasters, holsters, necklaces, and a few little details but aside from that it looks great! My jacket is from USA jacket and is extremely nice. I was a little skeptical but it came out as a perfect fit and looks fairly accurate for the price. I got the shirt from hjackets.com. The pants aren’t very accurate but they look the part for now and I got those from eBay here: https://m.ebay.com/itm/MENS-ARMORED...hash=item58b16e2b26:m:mW0lAKS9AJi-ZDpBXL-Glfw https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/4ff3a2202c4d672e12bc00a2ec772053.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/e99315ccd6b0b9c750a91fc0a5d2e9b8.jpg Here is a close up look at the shin guards. The back black piece was made of leather we dyed black and the front was made two layers of craft foam with some mesh glued on either side for some added texture. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/ae08362c8e1a85d260825f42b6edfb9d.jpg The belt we made by hand using leather and used a medium brown leather dye. The center buckle was made of leather as well and painted silver with a bit of rub and buff. The triangular rings on either side of the buckle were made of magic sculpt which is an excellent sculpting material that is cheap, hardens quickly and can be sanded after gardening. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171117/e23f5b5e6414e282b5449e920677cf8c.jpg I don’t have boots or boot covers yet as well as necklaces, blasters, and holsters so if any of you have any ideas on where to get some that would be awesome.

Hah, I got those VERY same pants for my costume when I started making it a year ago! They definitely look the part, especially in person. The detail is hard to get on camera. I removed the badging and pocket off mine though from the thigh. I have one of the satchels he carries from the first one to go with the costume and its pretty good for holding all my stuff.

Hey everyone, just wanted to drop by and say that I ordered the Whitesheep leather Vol 2 Jacket and Pants combo, I'll let y'all know what I think of em when they arrive :)

next try: which communication pin is everyone using on they´re vol. 2 jacket? You know what I mean? The triangle thing that Starlord has on his Vol. 2 Jacket! :rolleyes I saw many of you got one for their Jacket. Which one is in your mind the best? And why?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back