The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

I haven't seen it in person, but yeah. That's my take on it. Maybe someone who has seen it 1st hand can confirm if there is any other leather besides the shoulders and sleeves?

I haven't seen it in person, but yeah. That's my take on it. Maybe someone who has seen it 1st hand can confirm if there is any other leather besides the shoulders and sleeves?

I appreciate the response! It definitely helps in my decision for making a more screen accurate jacket. I figure with this knowledge I can screen print the pattern myself onto the twill.

Yea, just the sleeves and shoulders are leather.

Also those little dots are triangles, I just got my swatch today as well. Getting the lighter red one tomorrow.

New jacket arrived today--so much better!

It's heavier than the "fjackets" version is. I also went up a size. The first jacket was a little snug and slightly too short. This one is definitely longer (somewhere between the two would be ideal), but the overall fit is better. It isn't as tight on me, but it isn't too big either. The color is just about the same as the fjacket version, and the snaps are actually two piece snaps (so you could unsnap them if you wanted to--not sure why you would!)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h33/wkevingossett/20140911_123158_zpslt7iuxf3.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased with this one. The only mods I see myself doing to it are adding the patch and port, switching out the zipper, switching out the grey webbing for elastic (to match the elastic I'll use on my pants), and weathering/dirtying it up a bit.

Kev,

Thanks for the review man! I'm so glad you like it. I ordered this one myself after someone posted the link, but got a little worried as nobody had really given a detailed review. I'm glad I can look forward to this arriving! I've got a couple questions if you don't mind:

1. So the color is the same as fjackets?

2. You said you went up a size. What size did you get and what would you wear normally? What's the difference in fit?

Thanks man,
Aeric

The color is just slightly different. Very similar red though.

I went with a small on the fjacket, which was a little odd because I normally wear a medium. It was snug, and slightly short. For this one I went with a medium and it fits better. For reference in 5'10" 185, with a 42" chest

Thought this may help to make a stencil for the leather pattern.
guardiansgalaxychrisprattstill.jpg

Dammit I want to know where Kevin's jacket is from too. I ebay searched and there are a couple hundred different sellers, none of which I can match up the pic to.

The color is just slightly different. Very similar red though.

I went with a small on the fjacket, which was a little odd because I normally wear a medium. It was snug, and slightly short. For this one I went with a medium and it fits better. For reference in 5'10" 185, with a 42" chest

Hm, that worries me a bit. As I'm 5'5" with about a 40" chest, I was recommended the medium, so that's what I got. You said it's rather long, and I sure don't want it to be too long on my frame. How long is the medium, from collar to bottom hem? And how long are the sleeves?

Thanks,
Aeric

So I've just finished putting the first of my two blasters together after painting them. This is really my first time repainting anything like this and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

10681488_10154566312440368_2041740259_n.jpg

Annoyingly though the triggers are very stiff now (the bottom one has to be pulled back out manually each time), only the top part slides back and only the two inner barrels actually fire. I'm a little gutted as I really wanted them to still be functional. I know the quick-draw action isn't screen accurate but I really like it and thought it would make for some cool shots. I suspect the bottom not sliding back is perhaps down to me doing the screws up too much making it too tight as the latch holding it in place comes undone fine but the slide itself just seems to rub and stick in place. Not sure about the outer two barrels not firing though. Oddly enough the pullbacks don't seem to have the same elacticty when cocking as they did before. Again, like the triggers that could be down to the paint job.

It's impossible to say from a picture. That's why I bought one of each of the jacket fabrics, so I can bring them with me to fabric stores and find a match.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get your jacket fabrics from? Thanks!

Dammit I want to know where Kevin's jacket is from too. I ebay searched and there are a couple hundred different sellers, none of which I can match up the pic to.

You won't find a match to that picture because it's mine! :lol

The seller I got mine from is "trading.plus"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back