The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

Hey, what dimensions do you guys usually have for your helmets? How wide/long are they (cm/inches, doesn't matter)? I'm asking, because I'm starting my own build right now, and I'm trying to do the helmet from scratch, but I think it's too big. It fits my head okay, but I think it looks a bit big compared to the rest of my body.

16300112_10153982876791157_3067181944137123144_o.jpg16300454_10153982876681157_6169796283823480084_o.jpg16402886_10153982876751157_5652807227083619616_o.jpg

New Star Lord photos just released.

- - - Updated - - -

And I made a thing. Cold cast, buffed and finished with aluminum polish.

nova-belt-buckle-vol2.jpg

You guys thought the v1 costume was detailed... You have no idea.
Overall, all of the Vol2 Quill costumes look simpler to construct with fewer materials and "cleaner" lines. It also looks like they've brought certain aspects of them more into line with the recent comics by Bendis- especially the trench.

Wait till you see the pants and the boot spats.. even the belt integrates to the holster pads.. and the rocket pack... lots of detail on that :)
Overall, all of the Vol2 Quill costumes look simpler to construct with fewer materials and "cleaner" lines. It also looks like they've brought certain aspects of them more into line with the recent comics by Bendis- especially the trench.

Wait till you see the pants and the boot spats.. even the belt integrates to the holster pads.. and the rocket pack... lots of detail on that :)
From what I've seen of them so far, the costumes overall (taking into account all pieces) still look a lot simpler to construct, which is not surprising in a sequel where the costume dept will have learned from past mistakes. Just skipping all the screen printing for the jacket and the found-parts hardware (sourced from a place in the UK) and simpler pattern on the trench are significant. (And I consider the rocket pack more of a hard prop... and they are in some respects easier to construct.)

I take it from your comment that you have been allowed access to special reference?

The trench coat definitely looks to be simpler, but the new shirts are even more complicated, especially the maroon one. It has it's own screen printed pattern on most of the panels. I'd say the pant's look to be on par with the ones in the first film. Overall though, everything is looking more streamlined.

pantscompare.jpg

Yeah that is why I'm just going to do a mash up of Ravagers and Vol 2 look. I don't need more leather Starlord coats. I already have four.....

Watch he will probably change outfits in all three acts!!!:facepalm

Hello fellow Star Lords.

Its been awhile since I last posted. But of course with a new movie comes a new compulsion to upgrade my look. I had a couple of questions, figured you guys would be the best to ask.

This is the look that I would like to match...
StarLordVol2.jpg

-Does anyone have a high res image of the graphic on SL's t-shirt? One that I could potentially take to a 1hr Tee place?

-Has anyone identified the necklaces that he is wearing?

-Do we yet know the make/model of the scarf? Material? Does it have a fringy end?

Thanks all,
Also, just for some eye catching, here is the latest shot of my current outfit.
Star Lord Space.jpg

A few posts back ironmaniac posted a nice pic where you can see he wears 2 necklaces and it's higher res

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Great shots of the pants, boots and necklaces. If I can get around to it after my wedding in a couple weeks, I may do a run on the necklaces and toss 'em in the junkyard (assuming I get bumped up to premium by then). I'll let all you lovely people know! Excited for Vol 2!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went ahead and ordered the Black Leather Jacket volume 2 short jacket, and it came today. Overall, I'm pleased. I opted for leather, the fit is spot on to the size I normally wear too.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h...e Uploads/IMG_20170105_163304_zps4tihc28o.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h...e Uploads/IMG_20170105_163314_zpsmdj2jajf.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h...e Uploads/IMG_20170105_163323_zpseqr2ha1e.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h...e Uploads/IMG_20170105_163332_zps9wd1zask.jpg

The color has a nice patina to it. The shoulder pauldron is attached with snaps, which is good because it will be to be softened a little so it lays better

Greetings, Kevin! Just wondered if you're still happy with your Vol 2 jacket? I'm thinking about ordering one today or tomorrow. Thanks!

I am! I haven't gotten the chance to wear it yet, and I'll be doing some modifications to it soon (which I'll be sure to post here)

Good to know! Thanks for the input. I figured it's a pretty wearable base, that CAN be modified if desired. I'm just looking to update my Star-Lord wardrobe a bit before May. [emoji6]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back