The Definitive Golden Idols of Raiders *UPDATED 5-23-08*

Yes! Wonderful! Love the face sculpt. If photos are taken at exactly the same angle/distance as the temple pedestal shots, is the ratio of head height to body height accurate? Can you post a photo of it straight and level and at least ten feet from camera? Thanks!

Yes, the eyes have to be more forward. I have that in count..With the light above it creates a fairly strong shadow on them.

Yes! Wonderful! Love the face sculpt. If photos are taken at exactly the same angle/distance as the temple pedestal shots, is the ratio of head height to body height accurate? Can you post a photo of it straight and level and at least ten feet from camera? Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

This is one of those things that have had me quite thoughtful these days .. The shot is not exactly the same distance or angle as the scene of the movie but close. It depends on the shot and the angle that ratio changed a lot ... But if there are things I would like to change. Possibly I ended up orienting the leg position and the baby a little further down.

Just change the distance and the angle a bit, it changes everything completely, even head-to-body proportions and the height of some things with respect to the rest, because the perspective deforms what we see. I wish we could have an orthographic view of the idol. Anyway, I have seen some things that I want to change. I will try another more precise angle to finally confirm what changes I will make. More or less I know where I have to play

An example, not the same orientation but here these proportions are very accurate, in other screen shots or pics from archives exposition change a little, but depend from angle and distance..
Comparativa_rj_idol_origiinal.jpg
Comparativa_rj_idol_origiinal_2.jpg

Last edited:
Would love to see some comparison shots of RelicMakers new Idol next to a Gobler if anyone can post a few?
Can't post a side by side, as i can't get RM one for now, but heres a shot of Mechanized one from the thread, hope he does'nt mind, below my gobler that i picked up a few years back. Its a similar photo too[ATTACH
20200214_171934.jpg
Screenshot_20200306-160855.png
]1273135[/ATTACH]

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back