The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

Any ideas on the Side Quiver yet? To me it looks a different colour leather to the rest of the suit so perhaps a found item?

Seems unlikely when you look at the straps attached to it. They are identical in construction to the straps for the back quiver, which says to me the same prop guys made both.

I see what you mean, would be handy to know if it was scratch made, at first glance it reminded me of a Spear Gun holster

I need to ask a favour of one of my US brothers here, I can't seem to get Eskimo Broadheads over here, my plan is to actually get just one arrowhead and make some resin copies for my suit, would anyone be prepared to ship just one to me? If you think you could help me out with this feel free to shoot me a PM, I would be most grateful and can perhaps offer a length of the handle bar tape in exchange as I have just bought an entire roll

Last edited:
I see what you mean, would be handy to know if it was scratch made, at first glance it reminded me of a Spear Gun holster

I need to ask a favour of one of my US brothers here, I can't seem to get Eskimo Broadheads over here, my plan is to actually get just one arrowhead and make some resin copies for my suit, would anyone be prepared to ship just one to me? If you think you could help me out with this feel free to shoot me a PM, I would be most grateful and can perhaps offer a length of the handle bar tape in exchange as I have just bought an entire roll

I'll send you one I just bought 6 I can part with one. I'll PM you with details.

THE QUIVERS

The quivers are custom built for the show. ;)

Regarding the back quiver:
it is cordura, with a green leather trim around the top, and down the center slot. hard casing under neath.
the cordora is a lighter black, not green as you would think.

Last edited:

I'll send you one I just bought 6 I can part with one. I'll PM you with details.

My military experience is telling me quite a bit about the belt he has holding up his quiver. It looks almost identical to my 5.11 riggers belt I wear 5 days a week. But it appears they attached a pice of green leather to it, and it also looks like he is pushing the buckle to his left hip. I would know 100% if I can find a better picture of the buckle, but I'm 98% this is correct. Here are some pictures let me know what you guys think.

belt 2.jpgBelt1.jpg

Wow, that is cheesy looking. It is almost like its just custom made, either that or its some sort of strap material. Well that makes the belt cheaper for sure, I wonder why they would have such a cheap belt when it seams like everything else on the show is pretty high tech. I'll do some digging maybe go to the uniform store and see if I can find that belt.

Edit:
I think this might be it, the more I look at the picture the more the buckle looks like metal not plastic like I originally thought. I have one of these belts as well in tan, its a Voodoo Tactical Nylon BDU Belt. The image shown it is woven through both loops, but for cosplay purposes you could just go through the first loop. I like this one because it has velcro on the inner side so once you put it through the loop it would hold itself there.
Belt 3.jpg

Last edited:
It's just a piece of nylon webbing with leather bits stitched down to it. Looks like they have a simple plastic slide buckle and velcro holding the whole thing shut.

You'd be hard pressed to find a prop shop that can't stitch leather in a straight line to a piece of webbing.

The reason it looks like a riggers belt is just becaue riggers belts are made from nylon webbing, there is nothing else special about them that would cause me to think this was modified from one. Usually the selling point of a riggers belt is the strength of the buckle anyhow, which this belt lacks.

I don't think there is anything "cheesy" about the construction with the exception of the plastic slide buckle. Nylon webbing is a very common element in military tactical rigs due to its strength, versatility, and availability. Personally I'm going to use a more robust closure.

Last edited:
The armour vests from Dredd are basically just the armour sections and webbing, okay so its time to start scratch building the quivers, I am glad in a way as its something I can do :)

Thanks for all the kind offers of help with the Arrow heads, I am now sorted out, you guys rock

I think this might be it, the more I look at the picture the more the buckle looks like metal not plastic like I originally thought. I have one of these belts as well in tan, its a Voodoo Tactical Nylon BDU Belt.

I'm going to say that's not it either. Look at how the center bar meets the rest of the frame. Totally different from the screen used piece.

I'm going to say that's not it either. Look at how the center bar meets the rest of the frame. Totally different from the screen used piece.

Dang yep you guys are right. Maybe I should leave the researching to the pros lol. Oh well at least I tried!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back