The Definitive CW Arrow Thread

The bow is exactly right and I have looked for the bow for ever I even tried to make one of my own. The video would be a good way to show it off and for the fans of the show

I'm going to pass on that. I'm sure someone here will eventually do it though.

I'm of the mindset that if you can't find your way here after a little googling... tough luck. Especially those people that may come here for only the one thing but never actually contribute anywhere. :darnkids :lol

Hey just wanted to chime in and say what a great thread this is. Really has an "old style RPF" feel to it. Lot's of great information, lots of great reference photos, and lots of talented people spending loads of their time tracking the stuff down and sharing the information with other members. Really great stuff guys. Thanks a million! Please keep it going.

Just what MattMunson said, this thread is a fantastic read. I love the research and screen accuracy. Just starting to watch the Arrow, if I stumble upon something useful, I'll be right back.
Best regards

Thanks guys for this info, although its a bit hard in Australia to get the right bits (I need to get the 54" or 58" not the 48"), I'm still grateful for the information!

I will post pics of my costume and bow once completed / bought :)

Also regarding the 48" vs 54"/58", why can't I get the larger ones if the smaller one was used for stunting and the larger one was used for actual shooting?
I only say this as I'd need to order in the 48" from America and even though its legal to import bows, I'm pretty sure our AUS customs will hold it.

It's only a difference of 6 inches / 15cms which isn't a lot, why can't you use the 54" version, what's so different about it?

Thank you all again for this thread, this is my favourite show. Now that I can build the bow and hang it up on my wall is going to be amazing!
good question i also want to know
if a 48 with 12 pound draw is Ok since i can't get the one with 24 draw

In this case as it's a youth bow already, due to the 48" size I doubt you would be shooting it very much.

24lbs is recommended for a adult male using a beginner recurve bow, depending on build of the male though it is recommended to get higher (only if you are going to shoot it). In this case as it will be used for photos and a prop the draw weight is irrelevant, the lower the easier it will be to pull back, although it's not difficult.

Again if you want to shoot it, it is a youth bow so it will be disproportionate and will not shoot very well (assuming you are an older person, I'm 19 and its not good).
since i'm bigger then stephen amell i can take a 54 with 24 draw correct (im just guessing never had a bow in my live ) im 1m89

Just a quick comparison showing the differences...

RagimComp_zps3f2bc3bd.jpg

The 48 inch model does not have the inaccurate limb pockets seen on the larger models or the accessory inserts... not to mention the size difference.

This thread is amazing.

I was on the fence about buying a number of these parts before Pinder went ahead and confirmed them all for me, generally making this build a LOT less stressful as I was able to order parts with ease.

There is no doubt that the 48" Ragim Matrix Jr is *the* bow you want. Not the Matrix Jr. Deluxe, and not any model greater than 48".

If you have any sort of issue with being a tall guy, it's far from impossible to lengthen this bow to be comfortable. I fabricated up some fiberglass con-safe replacement limbs and added about two inches to the overall bow length just so it would look a bit more proportional.

As Pinder mentioned though, the bow comes with screen accurate bow limbs, they just need a little painting and weathering.

Here is my most recent image after sanding down the Lacquer finish, trying a few failed weathering techniques, burning in the symbols and finally picking a stain I like.

20140106_210450.jpg
1489261_3814584138544_2126367345_n.jpg

And one productive afternoon in the garage later...

20140107_173400.jpg

Last edited:
Have there been different arrow shafts used in the show? What would be an accurate choice to go with the broadheads I have ordered?

Have there been different arrow shafts used in the show? What would be an accurate choice to go with the broadheads I have ordered?

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Pardon my archery ignorance, but there seems to be 2 styles of the Eskimios: one with a threaded stem which fits into the shaft and one without.

The broadheads used on the show are the thread on kind. You can see the collar in screenshots. In which case, I would go with an aluminum or carbon shaft w/ 0.25" OD, as they have not been ID'd yet.

Looking good Tvayumat! Where did you source your hinges from? Did you add the hole all the way through, or did your pins go through the hinge completely?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back