1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Project: Full Screen Accurate Build

I have some exciting news, well,... not all that exciting, it's a slow news day around here.

Meanwhile, back on Page 2 I did post a picture of the Midland radio I got. I happened to come across another one that was a little cleaner and a little nicer, so I bought it. But what makes it even better is that I found the correct microphone. (Told you it was slow news day)

Now as for whether these were actually in the original 1984 car, I have absolutely now idea. There aren't many photos of the interior that I have come across. Heck, I don't even know if the Midland radio was originally in the car. The car has been through so many changes and messed around with over the years, (due to people not taking care of it and restoration shops that don't know how to do the tiniest bit of research, but I digress,) it's hard to know with all these small details. But these pieces are in the car now and that's all I have to go off of.

Midland 77-859, with Correct Microphone:

53519858295_a965d21c10_c.jpg

53519745174_66af3decac_c.jpg

53519858290_aa6709d715_c.jpg

What's in the Car Now:

I really had to brighten this picture up to see the details on the microphone

53518533732_63113cb790_c.jpg

53519902660_abd17e9ba2_z.jpg

In this picture you can see where the arrow is pointing to the notch in the rear of the mic

53519423926_dd581c6830_c.jpg

Now just remember this, if any of you are having a hard time falling asleep, come back and read this post and it will put you right out. haha

Last edited:
You should definitely have this in the car, it's the correct vintage, it's in the car now, and it just looks the part!!! GREAT Job!! Following this with so much interest and admiration!!

I have some exciting news, well,... not all that exciting, it's a slow news day around here.

Meanwhile, back on Page 2 I did post a picture of the Midland radio I got. I happened to come across another one that was a little cleaner and a little nicer, so I bought it. But what makes it even better is that I found the correct microphone. (Told you it was slow news day)

Now as for whether these were actually in the original 1984 car, I have absolutely now idea. There aren't many photos of the interior that I have come across. Heck, I don't even know if the Midland radio was originally in the car. The car has been through so many changes and messed around with over the years, (due to people not taking care of it and restoration shops that don't know how to do the tiniest bit of research, but I digress,) it's hard to know with all these small details. But these pieces are in the car now and that's all I have to go off of.

Midland 77-859, with Correct Microphone:

View attachment 1788163

View attachment 1788164

View attachment 1788165

What's in the Car Now:

I really had to brighten this picture up to see the details on the microphone

View attachment 1788166

View attachment 1788173

In this picture you can see where the arrow is pointing to the notch in the rear of the mic

View attachment 1788167

Now just remember this, if any of you are having a hard time falling asleep, come back and read this post and it will put you right out. haha
I love this thread. This ecto is looking incredible. I'm in the process of building a 59 Ecto as well (ECTO IL). Do you have any pics of the housing unit that holds your CB? I may need to fabricate but going to try my luck in finding one. Also, what is the name of the material you used for your black interior visors and inner roof?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back