The Book of Boba Fett

So.
This was supposed to be a (season?) finale ?

Well guys. I really don’t understand that last episode… cause let’s not forget that we were supposed to « see TBOBF in a different light after finale » (quoting Ms Wen for this).

When Bane said « blabla cold blooded killer blabla » in Ep.6 I was like « YES, it’s gonna happen ! sloppy disrepected Boba will go dark and full desintegration mode ! »…

But no, nothing happened. He just finds the EE3 trigger he was looking for (sadly he dropped it quit a few times for one episode, certainly he is not used to shoot with it anymore).

And lets face it. Mr RR, once again, gave us a fanfilm with a barely capable Boba.

Say what you want but the cool Rancor and the badly choreographed pew pew did not changed anything imho.

I won’t dive too deep into in this episode (nor the show), but there is one thing… yes one thing I can’t get over :

Can someone explain me… the plot ?
I mean.

I am OK with Boba escaping the Sarlacc.
I am OK with Boba being resc..enslaved then adopted by the Tuskens…
I am OK with Boba looking for the Slave I and his armor.
I am almost OK with Boba being tired of being abused so he wants to retired…

…but what the hell is going on with the crime lord stuff and Tatooine ?!

I think this makes 0 sense.

Did anybody saw a crime lord here ?
Is a crime lord supposed to be a random guy beeing martyred by anyone ? Seriously ?

And WHY, please why, does Boba wants to help Tatooine ? What’s up with Mos Espa (except it was one of the territories ruled by Jabba)? I cannot understand why Boba fell in love with the planet and it’s people (except for the tuskens).

I mean, he was on a job, he was injured and then rescued… and all of this in a random planet for him.

And now « This is my city. These are my people. »… Mmmh sorry wait what ? When ? Why ?

I am just like Bane « one thing I can’t figure. What’s your angle? »

That part of the story is ridiculous. When we pause this for a minute and think about all the potential… damned, what a miss.

Of course there are cool stuff in this show, but the final product is really meh (and I strongly believe that Mr RR episodes are the weakest, which is hard for a first and a last episode of a show). Rough draft…

Damn I was so hyped in December 2020…

Last edited:
So.
This was supposed to be a (season?) finale ?

Well guys. I really don’t understand that last episode… cause let’s not forget that we were supposed to « see TBOBF in a different light after finale » (quoting Ms Wen for this).

When Bane said « blabla cold blooded killer blabla » in Ep.6 I was like « YES, it’s gonna happen ! sloppy disrepected Boba will go dark and full desintegration mode ! »…

But no, nothing happened. He just finds the EE3 trigger he was looking for (sadly he dropped it quit a few times for one episode, certainly he is not used to shoot with it anymore).

And lets face it. Mr RR, once again, gave us a fanfilm with a barely capable Boba.

Say what you want but the cool Rancor and the badly choreographed pew pew did not changed anything imho.

I won’t dive too deep into in this episode (nor the show), but there is one thing… yes one thing I can’t get over :

Can someone explain me… the plot ?
I mean.

I am OK with Boba escaping the Sarlacc.
I am OK with Boba being resc..enslaved then adopted by the Tuskens…
I am OK with Boba looking for the Slave I and his armor.
I am almost OK with Boba being tired of being abused so he wants to retired…

…but what the hell is going on with the crime lord stuff and Tatooine ?!

I think this makes 0 sense.

Did anybody saw a crime lord here ?
Is a crime lord supposed to be a random guy beeing martyred by anyone ? Seriously ?

And WHY, please why, does Boba wants to help Tatooine ? What’s up with Mos Espa (except it was one of the territories ruled by Jabba)? I cannot understand why Boba fell in love with the planet and it’s people (except for the tuskens).

I mean, he was on a job, he was injured and then rescued… and all of this in a random planet for him.

And now « This is my city. These are my people. »… Mmmh sorry wait what ? When ? Why ?

I am just like Bane « one thing I can’t figure. What’s your angle? »

That part of the story is ridiculous. When we pause this for a minute and think about all the potential… damned, what a miss.

Of course there are cool stuff in this show, but the final product is really meh (and I strongly believe that Mr RR episodes are the weakest, which is hard for a first and a last episode of a show). Rough draft…

Damn I was so hyped in December 2020…
You make all excellent points. And I know I sound like a broken record in this thread, but “longer eps, and more eps” could have filled in all (or most of) those gaps and made the plot a little more coherent.

Not saying he wasn’t extremely competent and skilled.

I’m saying that the idea of “I’m tired of working for idiots” started somewhere. Did that pop into his head coincidentally with the Khetanna incident? Or was that already kicking around in his mind before then? Could have been a cool flashback on how he got to that frame of mind.

Lots of great movies about underworld types still at the top of their game, yet becoming disenchanted with the work and thinking about a change.
Sure, lots of movies with "Underworld-Types-Becoming-Disenchanted-With-The-Work"...but this is SW! And why does he has to partner with someone who's not of a same mind/philosophy? You're taking chances with a character that could stab you in the back...or not. But why take that chance? The solitary figure should've been kept from the get go! I work alone and I'll die alone; no-one will miss me and I'm not about to change.

Certainly not any residents.. two Vespa gang was it!
I thought the two Mods got hit by the Aqualish workers?
Sure, lots of movies with "Underworld-Types-Becoming-Disenchanted-With-The-Work"...but this is SW! And why does he has to partner with someone who's not of a same mind/philosophy? You're taking chances with a character that could stab you in the back...or not. But why take that chance? The solitary figure should've been kept from the get go! I work alone and I'll die alone; no-one will miss me and I'm not about to change.
Why can’t a SW title adopt this motif? They adopt all kinds of archetypes and themes.

And the whole gist of this series is Boba looking to make changes.

I grant you, they did kind of a **** job giving context and backdrop for the reasons for the change of mind.

But I would have LOVED to see a flashback episode where we see Boba kicking ass on a bounty - giving us the high-octane stuff we all have in our head about “Fett in his prime” - and then something happens during the assignment that has an impact on him. Plants that seed in his mind about wanting to get out of the game.

Though the old (and new?) canon never spelled it out, I personally still think it can be possibly inferred from the movies that Fett was a regular member of Jabba’s menagerie and lived in the palace. In the OT we always see him either with Jabba himself or acting on his interests. Why else would he still be in the palace by the time RoTJ rolls around, and long after Han had been delivered? That Tatooine is his home is the only reason I could see why he otherwise would randomly become so invested in the wellbeing of it or its people. I’m still baffled why Mos Espa itself was chosen as the center of so much of this.

The bottom line is, I think a great many (most?) Fett fans wanted a gritty, darker show that highlighted why Fett is so beloved and they simply didn’t deliver it. This would’ve been a prime chance to prove the “Boba Fett is overrated” crowd wrong and they dropped the ball mightily. The show felt sloppy, confused and never really explained Fett’s motivation to become a crimelord. Sure he no longer wants to “work for idiots” but if he was gonna go a benevolent route, why not be a “lone ranger” type? Why bother with the crimelord path at all? If he only cares about the wellfare of the people, being a crimelord at all seems weird.

Also, I still think the ending could imply he is in fact moving on, which does seem silly given all the trouble he went through to get in that respected position.

Last edited:
Though the old (and new?) canon never spelled it out, I personally still think it can be possibly inferred from the movies that Fett was a regular member of Jabba’s menagerie and lived in the palace. In the OT we always see him either with Jabba himself or acting on his interests. Why else would he still be in the palace by the time RoTJ rolls around, and long after Han had been delivered? That Tatooine is his home is the only reason I could see why he otherwise would randomly become so invested in the wellbeing of it or its people. I’m still baffled why Mos Espa itself was chosen as the center of so much of this.

The bottom line is, I think a great many (most?) Fett fans wanted a gritty, darker show that highlighted why Fett is so beloved and they simply didn’t deliver it. This would’ve been a prime chance to prove the “Boba Fett is overrated” crowd wrong and they dropped the ball mightily. The show felt sloppy, confused and never really explained Fett’s motivation to become a crimelord. Sure he no longer wants to “work for idiots” but if he was gonna go a benevolent route, why not be a “lone ranger” type? Why bother with the crimelord path at all? If he only cares about the wellfare of the people, being a crimelord seems a bit oxymoronical.

Also, I still think the ending could imply he is in fact moving on, which does seem silly given all the trouble he went through to get in that respected position.
Apparently there's a Bar job going at Garsas :D

In his short amount of screen time Cad Bane must have referred to Boba as a cold blooded killer or killer at least as many times as Boba told us he was Boba Fett.
Wish some of that was shown rather than referred to in dialogue over and over.

In his short amount of screen time Cad Bane must have referred to Boba as a cold blooded killer or killer at least as many times as Boba told us he was Boba Fett.
Wish some of that was shown rather than referred to in dialogue over and over.
Its a nod to those Sergio Leoni movies..
I was ok with that... when your a certain age a nod and a wink makes you chuckle.

What happens when a mod has the psychological problem known as "can only turn RIGHT"...
Possibly the cheesiest scene of the episode. My eyes were rolling so hard it gave me a migraine.View attachment 1544404

I know someone who strongly believes that what others may regard as an extraordinarily stupid stunt, on the part of “cyborg-eye Vespa guy”, is a “good trick…”

AC5E10A5-3469-49B7-A972-7EEC403421C1.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back