The Book of Boba Fett

A better question about the drone is why does your stealth recon drone have a bunch of bright red LEDs on it?
IDK, but I know that when the military have to use a flashlight in a 'stealth' scenario, they use a red filter, so I just figured that red was harder to detect in the dark, but there still needed to be lights to show it was active.

I know her scope has night vision. And Mando's helmet has some weird tracking hud, that shows footprints. But I don't remember if he has night vision. If he does he's one of the few characters that does. Most have an external set up. You'd think that would be standard issue.

View attachment 1536587

Yeah I don’t recall his helmet doing anything other than the thermal/tracking hud thing. He had to use scopes and macrobinoculars to get any magnification from anything I recall.

IDK, but I know that when the military have to use a flashlight in a 'stealth' scenario, they use a red filter, so I just figured that red was harder to detect in the dark, but there still needed to be lights to show it was active.
That's a myth. I can tell you from first hand experience that a red light is just as visible from a distance as a white light. The only reason that the military uses red filters on their flashlights is not for stealth but to preserve your night vision. Basically, if you use a red light in the dark, then turn it off, your night vision will return almost immediately, but with regular white light, you'll be blinded for a while as your night vision slowly returns. When I was in, we were taught to use a red filtered flashlight at night to read a map but also to do so under a poncho or something similar to prevent the light from being seen from the outside.

"Go make Bantha babies", How many people think that was actual writing? I honestly think Tem just added that in for comedic effect and they just rolled with it...it was so weird..lol
The close up of the tail wagging was also a weird shot- Even if the Bantha was more like a horse than a cow, it felt very forced. (edit- sorry, nit picking!)

Last edited:
A better question about the drone is why does your stealth recon drone have a bunch of bright red LEDs on it?
Seems to be a problem with most probe droids. Prowler 1000
latest?cb=20071013153911.jpg

R-1 probe droid
latest?cb=20080718154213.jpg

Heck even the Viper droid has a bright light. Why the heck does a droid need a flashlight?
latest?cb=20080318122730.jpg

The DRK-1 is one of the few that doesn't have lights on it. It actually makes sense.
latest?cb=20160914003700.png

Atleast the current administration under Bib Fortuna Jedi proofed the palace after you know, seeing Lukes lightsaber by having "bars" keep Boba and Fennec, or any others out. "How do we get through these bars?" idk...cut through them? yeah, no alarm was set there either or an infared trip wire,,,no, just cut the bars and walk right in.

Excellent point-That is a sweet robe, he is probably wearing slippers as well. I believe the Klatooinians are known throughout the universe for their bowling prowess.
i'm going to have to check the credits now to see if Nick Nolte did the character too..." i have spoken"

It was prolly the worst scene in All the episodes...
It Really was like watching a Starwars version of a reality show
" ER Tatooine "
agreed!!! made me think...poor Luke Skywalker stuck on Owens moisture farm...and to think he could have made himself useful at a Mod parlor, maybe he would have gotten a colored Vespa out of the deal instead of a dusty Tatooine speeder.

I thought the “robot ab” that Fennec had in Mando was pretty stupid, and now having seen this “mod” gang and subculture on Tatooine, I feel like they were written in to this show specifically to give a “viable” reason as to why she’d have something so stupid when A: a gut wound is usually fatal because of blood loss, which wouldn’t be an issue with an instantly cauterizing laser blast, and B: she should have been dead getting shot point blank and audiences are tired of dead characters coming back to life, and C: the only form of healthcare in the SW universe is apparently to replace whatever’s busted with droid parts. Gah. So frustrated with these shows. Mando was so close to being good, bogged down by a second season full of cameos and back door pilots for other shows, and this show is pretty much hot garbage. I don’t know why I bother, my voice is getting drowned out anyway and these shows aren’t going to improve.

Side note: I haven’t liked Ming-Na Wen in anything I’ve seen her in other than Mulan. All she does is play the same character over and over again, the same boring character she played on Agents of Shield. This show is no exception. She’s a flat, uninteresting character. “Bad-ass assassin” is not a personality, nor is it a fleshed-out character. It works for a background character that appears in one episode of a show, not a lead.

I thought the “robot ab” that Fennec had in Mando was pretty stupid, and now having seen this “mod” gang and subculture on Tatooine, I feel like they were written in to this show specifically to give a “viable” reason as to why she’d have something so stupid when A: a gut wound is usually fatal because of blood loss, which wouldn’t be an issue with an instantly cauterizing laser blast, and B: she should have been dead getting shot point blank and audiences are tired of dead characters coming back to life, and C: the only form of healthcare in the SW universe is apparently to replace whatever’s busted with droid parts.

That was exactly my thought as well. I thought it looked stupid when they showed her new innards in Mando and it was literally wires and moving pistons as opposed to at least an artificial stomach, intestines, etc (and the fact that nothing was sealed up). Seems like that’d be an incredible liability for someone in her line or work. Anyway, I too wondered if that was reason for the inclusion of these ridiculous Mod characters in BoBF, as opposed to her at least just getting bacta treatment.

I also agree she should’ve just been dead and apparently that was the intent until they foolishly decided to just randomly bring her back in season 2. They have got to stop it with these miraculous escapes from death. I don’t even hate the character but sorry, she should be dead.

This is an excellent analysis. Particularly, Alex makes a point that Fennec is an analogous to the audience, because like us, she is in disbelief that someone who was once the most ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy became "soft," but Boba only points out to Fennec, and really the audience, that he's become stronger from being apart of a tribe, which is a very George Lucas thing.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back