The Book of Boba Fett

This is a big problem for me...you can go to a "mod parlor" and save a persons life with robotics in an hour etc, but this idea of having built in walkie talkies into a helmet is out of the question?

I don’t think it’s out of the question but we’ve just seen no evidence of it thus far. I know when they briefly show a view from inside the helmet when he first emerged, there doesn’t appear to be any HUD or other visual displays. So either it doesn’t have a ton of tech or his helmet is malfunctioning and not working.

Star Trek, you just have to press your little insignia on your chest and you tell a computer whatever the heck you want and in Star Wars you can't even build in the tech on a helmet to communicate that sees infared, heat index and fires rockets and such...i know its not your fault but come on!!!

Star Trek, you just have to press your little insignia on your chest and you tell a computer whatever the heck you want and in Star Wars you can't even build in the tech on a helmet to communicate that sees infared, heat index and fires rockets and such...i know its not your fault but come on!!!

Haha! I agree. Trek is definitely more advanced than SW. They can also atomize people and then reassemble them in distant places out of thin air! At least I’m assuming that’s how a transporter works. Lol

It’s ambiguous what the helmets are actually capable of but thus far it doesn’t appear to be a lot other than their basic function of head protection. Lol!

Haha! I agree. Trek is definitely more advanced than SW. They can also atomize people and then reassemble them in distant places out of thin air! At least I’m assuming that’s how a transporter works. Lol

It’s ambiguous what the helmets are actually capable of but thus far it doesn’t appear to be a lot other than their basic function of head protection. Lol!
Btw, not praising Star Trek for this but there are some things that make me scratch my head.

edit: Wait!!! our own military helmets are rigged with communication devices....lol

Overall, this episode was definitely a step up from the last. A few things did bother me, but since most have been covered, I'll just mention one.

Boba arrives to the mod shop riding a bantha going 3mph, and the folks standing outside don't look up and take note of his arrival until he's a few feet away.

And I get it. If they looked up while he was 30 feet away, half the episode would go by while the bantha crossed those last 30 feet. It would make for an awkward scene. But it was still funny that they only seemed to notice this huge lumbering creature coming up to them when it was right on top of them.

I mean they can use it to launch a rocket etc, but can't have a built in walkie talkie?
Star Wars is so odd. They have all this fancy armor and helmets. Yet comlinks are never built into the helmet. With Stormtroopers it's a handheld comlink. Clones have it in the vambrace on the left arm.

The helmets don't provide night vision (unless your a Republic Commando, but looks like some early night vision from the 70s). Helmets don't provide any kind of image magnification, they have to use macrobinoculars. Like Star Wars is simultaneously high tech, and low tech. It's such a strange combination, that somehow works....maybe it's just we've gotten use to it. (And don't get me started on military tactics. Star Wars with it's pseudo Napoleonic warfare......)

Star Wars is so odd. They have all this fancy armor and helmets. Yet comlinks are never built into the helmet. With Stormtroopers it's a handheld comlink. Clones have it in the vambrace on the left arm.

The helmets don't provide night vision (unless your a Republic Commando, but looks like some early night vision from the 70s). Helmets don't provide any kind of image magnification, they have to use macrobinoculars. Like Star Wars is simultaneously high tech, and low tech. It's such a strange combination, that somehow works....maybe it's just we've gotten use to it. (And don't get me started on military tactics. Star Wars with it's pseudo Napoleonic warfare......)
I thought Mando's saw in the night...when he was going for Fennec

edit: or maybe my invisible helmet sees things that don't exist...lol

Where does the Sarlaac poop, people?
WHERE DOES IT POOP
poop.jpg

From what I can gather, Mando's and Boba's helmets have a thermal scanner that detects body heat (which can locate enemies inside a building), a scanner that detects footprints, a sonic detector that allows them to listen in on sounds that are out of earshot (i.e. a conversation), telescopic zoom lens and rangefinding function. But apparently night vision is not a thing they do? Agree with Joek3rr - Star Wars is a weird combination of high tech and low tech.

I'm OVERLY positive about the show, & I'm completely aware of that, so, just to prove I'll call out stuff when necessary...

Why didn't Fennic use the remote controlled drone to check the Sarlacc for Boba's armor?
Because if she had, Boba wouldn’t have needed to crawl inside of it, would not have needed a bacta tank, and we’d never have gotten the cool Wookie beat down scene.

I thought Mando's saw in the night...when he was going for Fennec

edit: or maybe my invisible helmet sees things that don't exist...lol
I know her scope has night vision. And Mando's helmet has some weird tracking hud, that shows footprints. But I don't remember if he has night vision. If he does he's one of the few characters that does. Most have an external set up. You'd think that would be standard issue.

star-wars-captain-rex.gif

From what I can gather, Mando's and Boba's helmets have a thermal scanner that detects body heat (which can locate enemies inside a building), a scanner that detects footprints, a sonic detector that allows them to listen in on sounds that are out of earshot (i.e. a conversation), telescopic zoom lens and rangefinding function. But apparently night vision is not a thing they do? Agree with Joek3rr - Star Wars is a weird combination of high tech and low tech.
wait until RJ comes back and reincorporates lightspeed on the Mandalorians jetpacks...they'll be flying through destroyers ...lol

I have 20 pages of spoilers to catch up on/avoid…But just wanted everyone to know our drunk commentary is delayed until tomorrow evening!

I think we may call it the Beer of Boba Fest. LOL
Bummer.... but good things come to those who wait (except for maybe this show)

The main takeaway is you have a plan and I am on board. Cant wait.

OK, I am going to play the role of the overly hypersensitive male and ask, just what is the Intended meaning of the “parasitic male [that] remains attached to [the] female for life”????

I mean, my wife might say that’s pretty accurate, but still…

View attachment 1536473
That’s how the Angler Fish do:
angler-fish-male.jpg

In the case of the sarlacc, which becomes too huge to move around much, it make sense to copy it as a viable mating strategy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back