The Big Lebowski Costume Thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

backstagejack1

Re: The Big Lebowski "The Dude" Costume Thread

I think half the trouble with a SA costume here is a lot of The Dude's clothes were from Jeff Bridges' own wardrobe
It really is, because at the time of filming a lot of those clothes were already 10-30 years old. Trying to source anything in 2021 is just gonna be a lot of close enough, reproductions or very expensive original off eBay.

But hey, the dude abides....

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Goebz

As promised: The files to print your own checkbooks. They will fit a standard US checkbook cover. Preferably a very cheap red plastic one :cool:

There's some extra space in the top part of the check so you can fit the tear-off strip :)
HEY wondering if you could do a Folger's Can art file. thinking of printing it and using. paint can with bail so its easier to carry at the Cons

Goebz

Hey gang.

I'm starting to get stuff put together for Emerald City ComiCon (ECCC), coming up in 3 months. I've been having bad luck tracking down a retro Folgers can for a cheap price (and cheaper s/h charges!) On a whim, I decided a few weeks ago to design and print up my own label. In the end, I took an empty Swiss Miss hot chocolate can and worked off of its dimensions. I could barely find decent reference photos, let alone any pre-made lookalike labels. Finding pieces of actual artwork to use for the label was a headache, as was a lot of the tweaking and recoloring I had to do by hand (i'm good with Photoshop but no professional!)

Original can from the movie:
View attachment 421269 View attachment 421276

Front & Back of my prop (with Dude Pop! figure for scale):
View attachment 421270 View attachment 421271

I still need to get some better quality paper (and fix my print colors), but for a stand-in prop I loved the way it turned out. I had an inspirational idea to cover the paper seam with a folded piece of foil to look like a coffee can's metal sealing seam. I might try to tape some plastic of some sort over the label to 1) give it that shiny "metallic" look, and 2) give it a layer of protection from dirty hands, rain, etc.
DUDE I WANT THIS FILE!

Phased

DUDE I WANT THIS FILE!
Not sure if this will work (or if it's allowed by admins) but here you go. I'm including the reference photos and some of the image elements, along with the various PSD files from my progress on it. you really only need "label 4.psd" but ehh.... have them all.

Attachments

• Folgers Can.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 6

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.