The Batman 2022 Chest Glyph (Batarang) / Paragon FX Group

Apologies if this has been asked but do the orange buttons do anything on the real prop or the replica?

Thanks
They provide symbolic beacon of hope to those in despair in Gotham and the downtrodden in the real world in need of their spirits being lifted. :lol:
While many other iterations of Batmans' chest symbol have been a bright yellow to suggest that it be a target for criminals to shoot at, as his armor is reinforced there. The orange is too small to effectively be a target. Rather it is used to catch the attention of the innocent, and lucky few who Batman will stand still next to and protect. There, while gazing at the orange highlights, the protected can peer into Batman's heart and soul.

They provide symbolic beacon of hope to those in despair in Gotham and the downtrodden in the real world in need of their spirits being lifted. :lol:
While many other iterations of Batmans' chest symbol have been a bright yellow to suggest that it be a target for criminals to shoot at, as his armor is reinforced there. The orange is too small to effectively be a target. Rather it is used to catch the attention of the innocent, and lucky few who Batman will stand still next to and protect. There, while gazing at the orange highlights, the protected can peer into Batman's heart and soul.

Just for that I am going to come and steal your Screen Used Airwolf RC!!!!!:p:);)(y):love:

The end-nibs (for lack of a batter word) on the back of the clip vanish in this configuration. The two ends could not be brought flush without the mod. This was present on the original and can be seen in the video below.

If I’m understanding this correctly it is unfortunate that this piece is being shipped with the ends having that slice through the clip, and NOT like the initial photos of the full wrap around clip. Especially when the photos show it not even really sitting flush.

Can I ask.. Why was the decision made to modify the stls you were given and go with that specific version of the prop? Will you be producing a replica that doesn’t have this “feature” and is 100% accurate to the STL provided in the future? I’m a bit bummed out as the initial photos were perfect. I passed on all the other ones, including the Zavvi one for this.. And maybe the current version could be saved by filling the end holes that get sliced in the clips, and drilling out the soft screw details to replace them with sharper ones, but for $250 that’s a lot of reworking. I hope this is not coming off as attacking you or Paragon either. I was very excited for this, and still am depending on how the final pieces actually look. With all due respect, hopefully better than this second prototype.

Attachments

• 7804C2EB-B446-41B9-98D4-F11E4E7FB224.jpeg
    7804C2EB-B446-41B9-98D4-F11E4E7FB224.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
One last bit of info and I've done all I can do on this one, gang.

The prop was 3D printed. The screws, clips, etc. are all part of the file. What you see is directly from the production file.

As another has already pointed out, the glyph is actually curved in the suit and appears flat, later. Movie magic!
There's a lot of that happening here and it adds to the confusion. Same thing with the prop seen in it's horizontal configuration.

The end-nibs (for lack of a batter word) on the back of the clip vanish in this configuration. The two ends could not be brought flush without the mod. This was present on the original and can be seen in the video below.

See the 0:32 mark of this video where the property master discusses the prop and literally holds it up in this configuration:

If you're saying the clips are cut off like that in the production file why are they correct in your first promo image and completely different in this prototype?

Guys I am so confused. I don't quite understand what part is being discussed and what the problem is. Other than the "clips" being molded, I think it looks pretty awesome and I hope Rylo does not think we are being the bitchy bunch we tend to be :p (y):love:

Maybe pics would help showing what you are talking about.

I see the "clip" ends sticking out. That would make it not fit together quite right so was this pic just a mistake as the ends are not sticking out in the rest of the pics.

Either way I think it will be sweet and look great mounted above THIS 1/6 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite real world car is the Dodge Charger. My favorite fictional car is the Batmobile so dah! I love this thing.

1649980858306.png

Okay I went back, read everything, watched everything and now I understand.

I did only see the film once and big shock, it's very dark so hard to see.

Now I have a concern. It's never in one half or together straight??? Is that correct?? When he uses it is maintains the angle it was in the suit. The prop master holds it with the two pieces straight as in these prop photos but in the film it never is straight or separate so why is it here? If it adjusts shouldn't this one from straight to curved?

Not attacking, just asking.

Now I have a concern. It's never in one half or together straight??? Is that correct?? When he uses it is maintains the angle it was in the suit. The prop master holds it with the two pieces straight as in these prop photos but in the film it never is straight or separate so why is it here? If it adjusts shouldn't this one from straight to curved?
Yes. It looks like there was a version created for the production where it was together straight but it is not in the film. It looks like Paragon is saying they are using the files for that version to explain why the clip ends do not extend further but it's at odds with their original pictures.

Yes. It looks like there was a version created for the production where it was together straight but it is not in the film. It looks like Paragon is saying they are using the files for that version to explain why the clip ends do not extend further but it's at odds with their original pictures.

Plus I can't find any pic of the prop with the clip ends chopped off like the Paragon one?

One last bit of info and I've done all I can do on this one, gang.

The prop was 3D printed. The screws, clips, etc. are all part of the file. What you see is directly from the production file.

As another has already pointed out, the glyph is actually curved in the suit and appears flat, later. Movie magic!
There's a lot of that happening here and it adds to the confusion. Same thing with the prop seen in it's horizontal configuration.

See the 0:32 mark of this video where the property master discusses the prop and literally holds it up in this configuration:

Well, okay - there's no one "Hero" Glyph/Chest Emblem/Batarang/Bat Gluaca Knife, but many. Just like the cars. For practical canon/mythology's sake, I'm going with - It sits unlocked, magnetically attached to his chest-plate (yes, either curved to the armor, or the armor is routed to accommodate and still give the illusion of the body curvature) ready to be removed in an open, usable position, and he can click it together as a rigid single blade, or further fold it together and lock it and clip it elsewhere. That's the fantasy explanation.

For me, the way it "LOOKS" best in reality, is in position on his chest-plate, battle-weathered and opened into the "V" position. I've looked at the Factory version, the Paragon version, the WBSTS version and at least one other "official" version I can't remember at the moment. For my money and eye, the ones that some of the prop-maker, cosplayers are doing look better, cost less, and display every bit as nicely.

Attachments

• 2022-04-26 14.03.09.jpg
    2022-04-26 14.03.09.jpg
    449.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 2022-04-26 14.03.10.jpg
    2022-04-26 14.03.10.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 2022-04-26 20.28.39.jpg
    2022-04-26 20.28.39.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back