The Anovos Kylo Ren Costume

Latest Update: January 16, 2019
Great news! Production is finished and we anticipate receiving these late February and anticipate shipping to our customers to begin March 2019 and beyond in waves. Once these start going out we will update everyone again here to that effect. Thank you again for your patience and perseverance through this long process. This item is exceeding our expectations in every way and we know you will love it as much as we do!

I'm not going to hold my breath on this, seeing how the same update page also claims that production was completed March 9th, 2018 and that they "anticipate shipping to customers to begin in late March and continue through April (2018)".

got my darkside kylo. now i gotta coat the hood and the robe to make it more shinny
still waiting for anovos for my refund.

51518517_1214230145407860_8718603046159908864_n.jpg
51996373_1214230198741188_4496249658426785792_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not going to hold my breath on this, seeing how the same update page also claims that production was completed March 9th, 2018 and that they "anticipate shipping to customers to begin in late March and continue through April (2018)".

Five months later and still nothing. I'm really not surprised by this company.

I saw an 8 yard bolt of the Yaya Han Basketweave Fabric at my local Joann's if anyone is looking to make one of these for themselves vs. waiting around for Anovos.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. There have been no emails or page updates about it shipping, no blog posts, and no one in the Knights of Ren group mentioning it. It's looking like another year, another lie.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. There have been no emails or page updates about it shipping, no blog posts, and no one in the Knights of Ren group mentioning it. It's looking like another year, another lie.

I can promise you that AALLLLLL that crap they said about this costume having "completed production" was a crap in your throat lie. "Completed Production" (in March of 2018, mind you) means that the only thing left to do is ship it. So only one of two things remains: F-heads were lying or F-heads didn't have the funds to pay the manufacturer BUT WAIT!!!!:

In Anovosese this means, "we are doing our best!!! You try and make hundreds of costumes to exacting detail and see how you do!!!!!"

"Even though we say that these costumes will be totally accurate they may not be because it is oooohhhhh so hard!!! I'd like to see you try!!!"

Thing is, fans do try and do produce items that meet our standards. The thing that sucks is that these F-heads have access to the costumes, materials, and information we could all use to make costumes faster and EVEN BETTER but they won't cough that up because that very delusional, proprietary dynamic affords them the illusion of greater d-size.

If you have indeed been working on these items this entire time, deliver a product that in appearance, weight, cut, and assembly is indistinguishable from what we see on screen.

Hm, can I be any clearer?

I'm at my wit's end, so yesterday morning I wrote an email to Anovos which detailed my extremely disappointing experience to date ($2000 USD, 1200 days, and nothing to show for it), and then CC'd it to Lucasfilm's Licensing department along with a link to a starwars.com article from Feb 23 2016 that had lead me into ordering the product that same day (the article said the outfit would ship in December of 2016, a highlight of just how far off track they truly are). Thankfully that person then forwarded it to a Coordinator of Lucasfilm Licensing who helps oversee the Anovos business relationship, who got back to me very quickly to apologize and express that my experience with this company does not live up to the Walt Disney Company standards. They escalated my email for immediate review and response from Anovos, who sent me the following response today:

Hello Michael,

Thank you for reaching out in regards to your Kylo Ren Ensemble order. I do want to start by saying thank you for your patience as this has been a long road to delivery. I will do my best to answer your questions, but wanted to note that a detailed update about this and the other Kylo Ren ensembles is being written as we speak and should go out next week (pending approval).

As for production and where we are at, I have to differ to the pending update as I do not know all of the details and would not want to say something that was not true. What I can say is that everyone at ANOVOS is dedicated to getting this product back on track with as early a delivery time table as possible. You have stated you want to cancel if this does not ship in the next 60 days. I honestly don't know if that is attainable, but I know that time frames will be in the update letter so I would suggest waiting one more week for that update before you decide to cancel.

That said, the benefit you have for being patient since 2016 is the early tier 1 pricing. You paid $2074.38 and the current price for the Premier Ensemble is $3999. You got an amazing deal and I feel terrible we have not been able to get this into your hands sooner. I can say that ANOVOS does not settle for anything less than amazing and that the wait will be well worth it. If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Kind Regards,
Charlie
ANOVOS

I'm going to wait one week to see what this new pending update says, but I truly would not be surprised to see it pushed back to Fall or Winter with some vague reasoning as to why (at this rate I wouldn't put it past them to release an update on June 10, 2019 saying "This Ensemble is currently undergoing safety testing and remains on schedule...", just like they did on June 10 of 2018). If the update says anything other "the ensemble is now shipping", I will be pursuing a refund and going through the Walt Disney contact as much as possible (since I see other threads on this forum with members mentioning 8+ months of waiting for a refund).

Anyone who wants the basketweave fabric I can get you some so you don't have to wait on Anovos. Just let me know.

I suspect that IF we get these it will be like June 2020. What jerks: Their own update said that they ruined all the costumes like May 2018. So why the fuk are they starting over only now?!!!! And not telling us about the huge, rookie move screw up for a year.

Anovos is like North Korea - spending all of their energy to avoid being embarrassed.

Yes. And they are starting over again so nothing til 2020.

So amazing that they started with the coated material first time around and everything subsequent fell apart.

Second time they finished everything and made it impossible to coat them because they did not coat it first.

There is no way you make these without coating them first.

So unbelievable.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back