The 12th Doctor's ring help.

Tommyd987

Hi everyone, today i'm asking for a little help in tracking down one of these little beauties.
tumblr_inline_n04hitQG0q1r2e44g.jpgIMG_2251 copy.JPG
Now to me this ring is just an accessory, i know of a certain place where you can get one for £400, which is too much for a ring. You don't have to tell me about it i know how it works (two bands, one is his wedding ring etc)

What i want help in is tracking down something like this but cheaper, that looks the part that's all.

If anyone knows any cheap alternatives to this ring i'd be very grateful.
Thanks
Thomas :)

UPDATE 4.1.15

As i am on a budget here and most were too costly i went out on a search to find a cheap yet accurate(ish) looking ring. and this is what I've got.
IMG_7452.jpg
No it isn't an Ernest Jones, that's just the box I've got it in. But that it is, like the original is two separate bands placed together. The diamond thing on top was originally see through, but all I did was colour it in with a green permanent marker. And well i was really surprised as to how well it worked.
In total this ring cost me £12. Which i think, for a cosplay piece that looks as accurate as it is, is very good.

The two separate rings were purchased very cheap at the local mall of a rack thing.

Hope this helps anyone else out there looking for a cheap alternative. As it worked a treat for me.

:)

UPDATE 28.2.15

WHHHAAATTTTT

I only realised last week Magnoli makes 12th Doctor Rings, I literally had no Idea, I came across it one early morning last week and without hesitation made one of the quickest purchases of my life.

IMG_1835.jpgIMG_1837.jpg

And here it is, look BEAutiful in the same case I've always had (Magnoli sent a lovely pink box that although nice wasn't too much to my tastes.

It's a very good ring and can fit almost any ring size, as its not one solid ring round, it's pull able apart able (Sciencey I know) but the double band still disguises this fact and makes it look very nice.

IMG_1510.jpg

here it is in a partial 12th doctor Cosplay. (No Jacket on) along with the cufflinks and shirt. As you can see it looks really good, and there are some out there on the market that are very expensive, so this, being only £30 is highly worth it. :)

Last edited:
Have you thought of making a 3d model and having shapeways print it in gold plated brass? Should be under $100. The stone looks custom made but I'm sure it would be fairly easy to duplicate.

Hi everyone, today i'm asking for a little help in tracking down one of these little beauties.
View attachment 421546View attachment 421547
Now to me this ring is just an accessory, i know of a certain place where you can get one for £400, which is too much for a ring. You don't have to tell me about it i know how it works (two bands, one is his wedding ring etc)

What i want help in is tracking down something like this but cheaper, that looks the part that's all.

If anyone knows any cheap alternatives to this ring i'd be very grateful.
Thanks
Thomas :)

Well I have an original but I also know where to get a replica pretty cheap....

Oh you have an original? How is that then? It would be cool to see some pics.

And could you perhaps share that information? Where would i be able to get a replica pretty cheap?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with 3D modelling. And i don't know what shape ways is. Looks like that wouldn't be the easiest option!

Oh you have an original? How is that then? It would be cool to see some pics.

And could you perhaps share that information? Where would i be able to get a replica pretty cheap?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have a clue where to start with 3D modelling. And i don't know what shape ways is. Looks like that wouldn't be the easiest option!

Just to avoid confusion I mean a ring made to go with my own wedding ring by Rowleys who made Peter's and not a screen used ring.

The green amber in mine is from the same batch as Peter's. As for the replica I will dig out the address.

Just to avoid confusion I mean a ring made to go with my own wedding ring by Rowleys who made Peter's and not a screen used ring.

The green amber in mine is from the same batch as Peter's. As for the replica I will dig out the address.

No need my friend. Found a very cheap alternative that looks pretty good. However thanks for all your help either way.

It is ok for £12 but I think it needs replacing as it not the right shape, colour or size mate. There is a better option for $95. Sounds a lot but it a very good replica....

I'm not too fussed on getting it completely accurate. For me it's just a Cosplay supplement and you can't tell from images taken from afar so I don't mind

the stone looks like it is peridot (aug Birth stone) if not it could be a man made emerald. but it is very light in color. the ring itself could be replicated in brass very easily. using only flat brass wire you can get it in varying widths. if you have a torch that is hot enough for soldering the brass together. that is if you are on a budget, gold would be ideal. Peridot is a very inexpensive stone.

Hi Tommy I checked out your time travel proof video on YouTube about a year ago and you had a really cool jazz song featuring a sax playing in the background. Since then you changed the song. What's the name of the song you previously had in the video?

Thank you sooooo much for the information you rock. I'm going to share this music with my friends here in the states. Btw I like your YouTube channel. Very entertaining!

the stone looks like it is peridot (aug Birth stone) if not it could be a man made emerald. but it is very light in color. the ring itself could be replicated in brass very easily. using only flat brass wire you can get it in varying widths. if you have a torch that is hot enough for soldering the brass together. that is if you are on a budget, gold would be ideal. Peridot is a very inexpensive stone.
The stone in the ring is called green amber.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back