TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

Can someone link the 'wired' lightsaber that's being referenced?

Also, I was just in the California launch bay this past weekend.. They moved it from the last time I saw it, to a dark room. I don't want to cause more confusion.. but it looks like a flat hex that had been filed/drilled/sanded round? I say that, because I can't fully see through the hole that a rivet would have made (like a dark void).. I think i saw metal.

Can someone link the 'wired' lightsaber that's being referenced?

Also, I was just in the California launch bay this past weekend.. They moved it from the last time I saw it, to a dark room. I don't want to cause more confusion.. but it looks like a flat hex that had been filed/drilled/sanded round? I say that, because I can't fully see through the hole that a rivet would have made (like a dark void).. I think i saw metal.

They're slides 46 and 47 from this feature. I know there are higher rez versions floating around, though. If you look back through this thread to around when the article was published you'll probably find them.

For those of you using rivets on your saber, what kind are you using for the grips? I know Roy recommends 3mm rivets but I have a set of several kinds and none look quite right. I also have several 4mm by 13 mm rivets which look right for the Kobold but I'm wondering if they might be too large for the grips.

Any firm opinions? I'm not sure there are many more kinds of pop rivets out there for me to evaluate.

I picked up some aluminum 3mm Stanley rivets from home depot and, to my eyes, look dead on for the TFA saber.

Last edited:
For those of you using rivets on your saber, what kind are you using for the grips? I know Roy recommends 3mm rivets but I have a set of several kinds and none look quite right. I also have several 4mm by 13 mm rivets which look right for the Kobold but I'm wondering if they might be too large for the grips.

Any firm opinions? I'm not sure there are many more kinds of pop rivets out there for me to evaluate.

The only rivets to use is roys in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the damage isn't too deep, try wiping the grips down with a cloth soaked in laqueuer thinner. It should level out the area and smooth out the rough surface of the filed parts.

Just finished my TFA.
I would like the clear frosted fat traces on the left and thin traces on the lower right to match the Wired photos, but unfortunately that version isnt available.
I picked up one of each connector card from Sloth Furnace and Roy just to swap out occasionally.

C1AED37D-EC58-4247-92AC-43F9D9CE2B81_zpsef6h6ovd.png

CC186E88-78AE-4A8E-83CC-F69458478543_zpsapbfmau8.png

9AE524BE-366A-41B6-B1A2-A70716061EE7_zpspeipludb.png

Just finished my TFA.
I would like the clear frosted fat traces on the left and thin traces on the lower right to match the Wired photos, but unfortunately that version isnt available.
I picked up one of each connector card from Sloth Furnace and Roy just to swap out occasionally.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...D-EC58-4247-92AC-43F9D9CE2B81_zpsef6h6ovd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...8-78AE-4A8E-83CC-F69458478543_zpsapbfmau8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...E-366A-41B6-B1A2-A70716061EE7_zpspeipludb.jpg

beautiful job! who's grips?

The card and orientation you have now is screen-accurate to every scene in TFA except the spinning CGI saber, which like the Wired saber has a mirrored version of the card.

Just finished my TFA.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...D-EC58-4247-92AC-43F9D9CE2B81_zpsef6h6ovd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...8-78AE-4A8E-83CC-F69458478543_zpsapbfmau8.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...E-366A-41B6-B1A2-A70716061EE7_zpspeipludb.jpg

The card and orientation you have now is screen-accurate to every scene in TFA except the spinning CGI saber, which like the Wired saber has a mirrored version of the card.

Yes, but all of the sabers which show the card in the film are the long grip sabers.
the saber i made is the Maz box saber with the short grips..which doesnt show the card in the film, but it does show it on the Wired photos.
so the card is not correct for this particula saber.
I do have one card from Roy which does have the correct traces but its on the amber card not the clear card.

Does any of you happen to have the description for the Prop Shop Rey saber saved, or know where I can find it? They've taken down the site, and the wayback machine has a saved page of pretty much all of the props except the one I need. Google wasn't of much help either :)

Does any of you happen to have the description for the Prop Shop Rey saber saved, or know where I can find it? They've taken down the site, and the wayback machine has a saved page of pretty much all of the props except the one I need. Google wasn't of much help either :)

Description or the pictures the prop shop had on their site of the graflex? I backed up all the pictures of the graflex and can post them tonight if needed

Description or the pictures the prop shop had on their site of the graflex? I backed up all the pictures of the graflex and can post them tonight if needed

I got the images already, just missing the description :/

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back