TFA Graflex Research (That's a Graflex, right? Force Awakens teaser trailer #2)

You may very well be right. it makes sense. However I'm pretty sure that the pic you posted, regardless of it's high detail, is a painting. not a photo. A good painting, but a painting nonetheless. If it is a photo, it's been doctored beyond belief, unnecessarily so.

Heck! With the way John is gripping the hilt in the last set of pics I posted, that knurling could probably do a number on any part of his hand...

Good point Arkm. I'm trying to find better pics, and so far found 2 that pretty well illustrate the "high" grip for both Daisy and John - found these 2.

View attachment 653684
View attachment 653685

Did we establish that the stunt sabers were repros with FX blades and covered in fabric to resemble the sabers. Keep in mind, in every close or medium shot of the ssber igniting, there is always a cut to hide the switch out for a stunt saber.

it's a good observation, though I'm not sure that's the real reason.

I have an LED lightsaber with a glass eye in the same place and duel with it a,couple times a week. personally, I've never noticed or felt discomfort from the glass eye knurling. oddly enough, the clamp is what really catches your hand and you become very aware of its presence.

A lot of people that do just spinning practice a la phantom menace twirls - who have used a graflex or replica usually make note of the clamp as well.

I'm guessing they machined the glass eye from scratch, and knurling was never present.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

I can't seem to find one that shows the activation box due to the awkward way they hold it in the film. Does anyone here have one? I'll keep looking through this thread just in case.

Here it is:
02c4de3a68ed04b8f0f1baa76f2c29ee.jpg

No, I don't think it'll happen. I'm not planning it and I don't think that I can make it happen for the TFA props alone. But besides that, from what I've seen, my profile isn't far off. I haven't seen any images from the screen used hero versions that proof differently.
Well, to each their own. I guess I'll use TCSS wiper blade grips, if they're the sabe as parks.

TCSS grips are cool, but are very rubbery and can travel a bit over time. Roy's are a harder plastic that feels more substantial and retains its shape. i guess it depends if you plan to swing it around or put it on a shelf.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back