Terminator "Rosebox" question

ortiz34

Does anyone know exactly what this is?
I mean, is it a prop i can remove from the base?
Does it have working 'action'.

Or is it simply part of a static gun on a plaque?
Please advise?

PS:
I see a site that has them for 215-, can anyone beat that deal (assuming its worth getting)?

Well, ive seen a few etailers with 'in stock' listed.
Frankly, i prefer not to ask 'the seller' about the quality of thier item, since, im sure they will do thier best to put a good spin on it..ya know;)

Originally posted by ortiz34@Jan 29 2006, 06:32 PM

Please advise?

PS:
I see a site that has them for 215-, can anyone beat that deal (assuming its worth getting)?
[snapback]1171207[/snapback]​

From my understanding, it's static. That is why I already got my "working" Marushin airsoft version. Much more fun. You can display it, and if you feel like it, can work the action and shoot some cans :)

How much and where?

Also, are there any issues with buying these 'pseudo' firearms.

Originally posted by ortiz34+Jan 29 2006, 07:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ortiz34 @ Jan 29 2006, 07:36 PM)</div>
Frankly, i prefer not to ask 'the seller' about the quality of thier item, since, im sure they will do thier best to put a good spin on it..ya know;)

<!--QuoteBegin-ortiz34
@Jan 29 2006, 06:32 PM

Please advise?

PS:
[snapback]1171247[/snapback]​
[/b]

I saw one a couple weeks ago. You can remove it from the base. It is completely static, even the trigger. It actually consists of two pieces that twist-lock together.

It is nice for a licensed piece, but I think for the same money you could do much better.

Personally, I think it should have come displayed in a replica of the rose box. I mean, I figure it's a given. Otherwise, it's just a shotgun on a wall plaque- big whoop. :rolleyes

Originally posted by Stormleader@Jan 29 2006, 08:58 PM
Personally, I think it should have come displayed in a replica of the rose box.  I mean, I figure it's a given.  Otherwise, it's just a shotgun on a wall plaque- big whoop.  :rolleyes
[snapback]1171311[/snapback]​

I'd have to agree with that. At least put a pic of the scene on the plaque or SOMETHING.

I wasn't talking about the overall quality, I was talking about the features he was asking about. I do not see anything wrong with asking Sideshow about that. I asked them several questions about the endorifle and endoskeleton. I agree you will not get the "truth" about quality. Who wants to say they sell crap, but this is different.

Greg

Originally posted by ortiz34+Jan 29 2006, 05:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ortiz34 @ Jan 29 2006, 05:36 PM)</div>

<!--QuoteBegin-ortiz34
@Jan 29 2006, 06:32 PM

Please advise?

PS:
[snapback]1171247[/snapback]​
[/b]

Thanks for the replies.

Flat out though, If you are me (someone looking for value) do you shel out 225- for this, or just get an airsoft replica for <50 and call it a day?

I mean, it looks ok, ar least it can be removed from the plaque.

No action kinda stinx but i wasnt really expecting it.

Its nice, its fairly cheap(under 300-) what say you?????

I thought the correct aitsoft replica was expensive since it was only released in Japan. I know many want it because it is not static. Let me know if there are other options.

Greg

Whats the scoop on the correct airsoft one?

Is itonly available overseas?
is it $$$?

Im looking to do this as cheap as possible(with regard to decent accuaracy and price).

Originally posted by ortiz34@Jan 29 2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Flat out though, If you are me (someone looking for value) do you shel out 225- for this, or just get an airsoft replica for <50 and call it a day?

I mean, it looks ok, ar least it can be removed from the plaque.

No action kinda stinx but i wasnt really expecting it.

Its nice, its fairly cheap(under 300-) what say you?????
[snapback]1171397[/snapback]​

The air soft is anything but "cheap".

1. Its hard to come by. I had to go through some guy I never dealt with before on another message board who was doing a bulk order from overseas for his own board. The gun literally passed by me (in Califormia) on its way to the midwest where this guy was, then he turned around and sent it back to me.

2. The gun -- as is -- is about $225-$250. The gun comes with fairly cheesy, fake-looking plastic pieces for the stock and grips.

3. The upgrade wood kit for the stock and grips (also hard to get) sells for an additional $95.

All tolled, I made an investment of $350 for mine, and took considerable risk (at first -- the guy turned out to be "stand-up" and trustworthy in my case).

But alas, and all tolled, I am VERY happy with it. I love it.

fFr the record, a rosebox at first sounds like a neat idea. But it really is a tad bit challenging as a display. I have one, and if you put the gun IN the box, it makes it harder to see. If you don't put the gun in the box, just how ARE you going to display the box, and the gun...? Maybe the box on a large shelf with the gun mounted on the wall above it...?

Best bet is to get two silk roses and just work those into the display...

Thanks.
Funny, both these sites have them for pretty much the same price.

Im probably going sideshow since it mostly will be 'hung on a wall'...

Originally posted by Noeland@Jan 30 2006, 11:58 AM
Having handled the airsoft version myself, but not owning one, I would say that anyone who likes to play with thier props, get the airsoft.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/itemli..._category_id=23

If you like static display models, and have no intention of ever touching it. Some folks prefer to put thier props under glass for display, the sideshow is a great option for that.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/categor...8308&type=store

Njc-------------------------
[snapback]1171792[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back