Terminator 1 Weaponary

ShaneHelms

Anyone know where I can track down an Airsoft AR and a Spas Shotgun?

Also, anyone have any reference to what gloves Arnold wears when he makes his assault on the police station?

Could try Ebay....they had a few on there a while back, Tokyo Marui, made the Spas 12 which look really good , I have one hanging on the wall, they are very close , as far as the AR, not sure, hope that helps...

Thanks guys. Yes I have found the AR extremely hard to track down. I just received my T2 replica jacket. It looks close enough to the T1 version, just slightly modified. Just waiting on my gargoyles and pants to arrive now.

Last edited:
No luck on that website. This is quite a difficult airsoft rifle to track down. If anyone else has any information or tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

I did the m16 and it looks great once painted. I did get offered the Ar18 but it was super dear and couldnt get it in the country :(
ike you say, plenty of good other options.

Does it "have" to be a legitimate AR-18, or would a look-a-like do?

I'm a Terminator fan myself, and have tried to come up with an AR-18 too. There is a gas operated airsoft AR-18 out there, but it is rare, and probably megabucks by now if you find one (I was looking around 2005 or so).

However I found a cheap (and I mean cheap!) springer that was fairly close-

P1089A.jpg

So this is what you want to look for- CYMA P1089 (I think it might also be under the brand name Double Eagle).

Here is is out of the box, after I painted the hand guard black:

SIG550.jpg

And finally in "Police Shootout" configuration:

AR-18001_zpscfef0f26.jpg

Hope this helps.

Kevin

I was searching for hours and finally came across a GS 550 which I believe can be modified to look very similar to an AR-18.

Though your modified rifle looks excellent and accurate enough for me to go the same route you did. Any information on your modifications on the gun turning it into "Police Shootout configuration" would be extremely helpful and greatly appreciated. Also can you direct me where you found the more screen accurate magazines?

Also can you direct me where you found the more screen accurate magazines?

The magazines I used are just airsoft 30rnd M-16/M-4 magazines taped together with hockey tape. Found them on ebay, but you can probably buy them at any airsoft store.

So to get the accurate M4 magazines to "fit" into this gun I took the magazine it came with (just like the one in the picture of your GS 550), and cut the top of the magazine off. This top part is what fits in the magwell. I glued the top part to the top of one of my M4 magazines (it actually fit on top without much modding, sanding). If you look closely in my pic you can see the top of the old magazine where the M4 magazine goes into the magwell.

The stock and scope were removable, so I just left them off. I painted the entire gun dark flat gray, then painted the foregrip and pistol grip satin black.

Kevin

Last edited:
Awesome thanks. Seems that particular model you bought and modified might be a bit difficult to locate. I'm going to keep digging however since you mentioned it was very inexpensive and can easily be modified into a great looking AR look alike.

Thanks for all the information man. I really appreciate it. Dying to get a hold of one of these rifles now and start my own modification process.

Last edited:
After hours of searching I finally settled on a SIG 550 that was on Ebay for $70.00. I feel pretty confident it can be modified to a pretty decent AR-18 lookalike, not to mention it was a good price with free shipping.

I was able to locate a Tokyo Marui Spas-12 also and decided to bite the bullet and shell out the cash for it.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back