TeresaMRoberts's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry- "Katy Perry Peppermint Dress"

Re: Katy Perry - Peppermint Dress Completed I think!

Redid the cuffs on her gloves, they flair all the way around like KPs instead of just on the sides like I had originally sewn.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373983882.262840.jpg

Lol ok now I think I'm done :)

I am dying....dyyyiinnnggg!!! UGH! It's so fabulous!!! I'm not even going to bother entering Elise into the kids costume contest lol! She has no chance against that hahahah! SO AWESOME! It's not even cute, it's awesome!

Lol thanks guys :) she's pretty happy. Her tights came in that has rhinestones all over them like Katy's she's been dying to try it all on together. I've been waiting because its been soooo hot outside and our A/C out I don't want her getting sweat stains or not be able to get the gloves off lol. I'm really happy with they way it turned out to. She's a very big ham and loves the camera. She got signed with a modeling agency last year because of her personality. I can't wait so see her on stage performing in it. When she really loves her costume, it shows in her performance. They didn't win the contest last year, but they still have fun competing :) I try really hard to teach good sportsmanship. She tells everyone at the pageants how pretty they look and good jobs they do. Before she leaves she tells everyone congratulations and hugs lol

Alright got a little video of her practicing today :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Her performance on stage was very good. You could tell she was having a blast. After I couldn't get her out of the dress. She wore it for hours. Some of the glitter from the peppermints did scrape off from her rubbing up against things. I found a better solution. I mixed a lot of the glitter with Modge Pog and I'm paining over the existing peppermints with a paint brush one color at a time. The glitter is staying VERY sparkly and holding Very well! Maybe I should have modge poged the peppermints from the beginning!

She has another performance this upcoming Saturday and She'll probably wear this for halloween :)

I'm waiting on the professional pictures we had taken of her in this costume and I plan on posting them!

Your costume is awesome! I came across your youtube videos while trying to figure out how to do this for my daughter. Could you tell me what you ended up using for motors (manufacturer, model number, etc) and what additional parts you needed (batteries, switches, etc) Thank you so much!

Here is the link to the motors I ended up using http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/181 There was actually two spining prongs and I just cut one off and filed it flush down so that it wouldn't damage the dress. It was the slowest motors I could find with out ordering from china and waiting long time and spending more $$$! I also got my battery case from this site to. I know there easy to make but they are cheap and i got one with a cover and on and off switch to make it easy. I used 3 AA batteries. I hid the batter pack in a white pocket under one of those fins on the side of the hips. Let me know if you need anything else or have any other questions.:)

Re: TeresaMRoberts's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry- "Katy Perry Peppermint Dre

Well done and best of all CLASSY! :thumbsup

Just a proof pic and you're all done. :)

Re: Katy Perry - Peppermint Dress

Omg it's so perfect I need this exact dress and it don't know where to find it but I don't think id be able to do it on my own:( can you make one and sell it to me and mail it or you don't do that?

Re: Katy Perry - Peppermint Dress

Hi,

I have a question, How did you make those spinning peppermints on the motors?

Thomas de groot

Re: TeresaMRoberts's 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry- "Katy Perry Peppermint Dre

What exact kind of fusible interfacing did you use? because there are many types.

Thanks
Thomas de groot

I used medium weight fusible for all the peppermints, and glued 3 on foam board. Attached foam board to three of the motors. The interfacing used on wings on her hips was a lot thicker. I can't remember the kind it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back