TDK Joker costume - anyone working on one?

Did anybody happen to save a close-up of either sleeve when they were revealing the Joker costume one panel at a time? I'm trying to figure out the pattern so I can try and make it myself, and I can't tell how many different kinds of hexagons there are or where they're positioned around each other.

Here ya go:
Copy-of-empirecoversj2.jpg

Also found this one immensley helpful:
large_Batman20-20The20Jo.jpg

He also wears something between the green vest and purple topcoat. It looks like just another vest, but the high cut on the lapels and the length make it look like a vintage suit jacket. The lining is also the same orange silk as the topcoat lining. You can see all this here:

batman_joker_3.jpg

batman_joker_2.jpg

The back of the vest actually appears to have a pattern on it. It looks like a sort of gray-ish, charcoal or even black with a purple dotted diagnal pattern on it. The jacket underneath looks to be a lighter purple than the coat... like the color of the pinstripes on the pants.

Back of the vest looks like it has a light dotted pinstripe. Blazer looks like the same color as the shirt without the pattern printed onto it. The back of the vest looks the same as the dark parts of the shirt pattern. Hopefully there will be more high res shots available by the time I'm ready to try for screen accuracy.

Yeah, I realize there's a pattern on the vest back, that's why I said it wasn't the same material. It just seemed to me, in the promo pic where he's got his arms out and you can see the lining of the coat and jacket, that the visible strip of vest-back material is very similar in color to the visible lapel of the jacket.

I think the dashed pinstripe on the back of the vest is diagonal - it looks like it slants in a different direction on either side, like the stripes are pointing down and going outward from a seam along the spine, perhaps. Would that be a ridiculous way to construct a vest? Because it sure looks like it slants in a different direction on either shoulder, and it would be neat if his back was split down the middle pattern-wise.

Okay, so. As is my way, I decided to start off this costume by trying to use found/thrift-store stuff as much as possible, and move on to custom-made things if that plan fails. I got myself a good-fitting pair of chocolate brown suit pants with tan pinstripes, and I got some Rit purple dye and color remover. Buuut I've never used any kind of fabric dye before. If I dye the pants as they are now, will I get a dark purple on the brown parts and a bright/light purple on the tan? OR do I need to use the color remover first in order to make the purple visible at all over the chocolate brown base?

first, ensure that they are not a synthetic material. They don't dye worth a darn.

I think you'll be okay without removing the color. To get a dark enough shade, you may have to dye them more than once.

I E-mailed RedBalls asking about the possibility of a Joker topcoat. (Redballs is the maker of the Willy Wonka coat, matrix coats, Jack Sparrow coat, etc.)
They replied with this:
We are working on it!

Man why Heath of all people? Why couldn't one of the has-beens out there kicked the bucket instead of Heath?

Sorry every time I see these awesome clips and pictures I see a wonderful actor that died way too soon.

Great costume pictures that you guys are working on!

Not only that, but it is the creepiest costume I've seen in awhile. I never found the Joker scary before I saw these pictures of Heath. I was going to say this is just like Brandon Lee (last role being so dark), but as far as I know, Heath will still be seen in the Terry Guilliam film where he is not scary.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back