T2 Phased Plasma Rifle (now painted and weathered!)

So... uhm, is one spray can of primer enough to make a base coat?
I have no choice but to spray outside. Light, short, sweeping bursts.
Feels like I use almost an entire can. Getting the spray into the vents,
screw holes, etc. is tough. I'm a novice (obvious I bet) at something
this large. I usually work in 1:6 or 1:12 scale. This thing is a beast!

A single can of primer should be more than enough to give that thing a nice coat. Once it's cured and you sand it (using 220 grit) you'll want to hit it with another coat of primer and sand it again with some 280 or 300 grit sandpaper.

Then paint!

A single can of primer should be more than enough to give that thing a nice coat. Once it's cured and you sand it (using 220 grit) you'll want to hit it with another coat of primer and sand it again with some 280 or 300 grit sandpaper.

Then paint!

Thanks again for the advice and allowing me (us) to get this fantastic replica! How long to cure? 24 hours?

Assembled and first coat of primer. Comparison pictures with a Sideshow Replica. Yep, that's me, sorry for the poor trigger discipline in some of the shots. Shoulders were killing me, so holding the weapons was troublesome. Shawn Morgan did amazing work!

Two1t.jpg

Two2t.jpg

Two3t.jpg

Two4t.jpg

Two5t.jpg

So far, I am happy with my progress.

Nice pics! And you're very welcome.

Duplicolor can be sanded within a few hours. Less if there's not a lot of humidity in the air.

Compare1.jpg

Compare2.jpg

Compare3.jpg

Compare4.jpg

Compare5.jpg

I know you can't tell by these pictures, but, Shawn's is so awesome, straight lines, sharp, the kind of detail Sky Net would have. Sideshow, obviously made by a human. :)

Well the graphite stuff came faster than expected. I assembled the stuff and did some measurements. I still have to weld up a steel frame for the back that includes the pegs and what not. May get to that this weekend. Got finals next Wed so it's cram time..

32003_126376160730387_100000740110316_178466_7740400_n.jpg

The Endo is gonna get some more work to take off more of the black and reveal more aluminum undercoat. Give it a more metal look...

I'll add more Terminator related stuff to the background as I go. I need a good damaged Endo-skull. Anyone have one for cheap?

Well the graphite stuff came faster than expected. I assembled the stuff and did some measurements. I still have to weld up a steel frame for the back that includes the pegs and what not. May get to that this weekend. Got finals next Wed so it's cram time..

32003_126376160730387_100000740110316_178466_7740400_n.jpg

The Endo is gonna get some more work to take off more of the black and reveal more aluminum undercoat. Give it a more metal look...

I'll add more Terminator related stuff to the background as I go. I need a good damaged Endo-skull. Anyone have one for cheap?

Awesome looking base, Delmustator. Can't wait to see its finished. :thumbsup

Looks great. I've been involved in some Endoskull bashings. A buddy got one... (Sideshow version)

TerminatedTerminator1.jpg
TerminatedTerminator2.jpg
TerminatedTerminator3.jpg
TerminatedTerminator4.jpg

TerminatedTerminator5.jpg
hold1Med.jpg
hold2Med.jpg
hold3Med.jpg

So a friend of mine from another board (who will soon be a proud RPF'er), bought himself a shiny new Side Show "clean" EndoSkull. Now we all now how beautiful those are. The poor guy was walking down the stairs when he tripped and the Endo flew out of his hands and smashed on the concrete floor below. . He was ILL. That beautiful new bust all dented and scratched. But undaunted, since it was already damaged he set about to turn it into a "terminated" teminator. If it was already messed up, why not go "whole hog"? The end result is AMAZING!!!! It really is freakin' incredible. He rigged it to go with a 1:1 Predator statue to look like the Predator had just slain it. I'm awed. This thing is SICK! Way to overcome adversity!

http://www.therpf.com/f9/lemonade-lemons-holy-s**t-look-endoskull-64145/

and I kept the other HCG version (originally with a red eye, "old green eye").

HCG-CustomBDcleanEndoskull33Med.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Picasa Web Albums - ONEYE - HCG Custom BD...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Those comparisons sure say a lot. I love Sideshow and consider their work to be awesome, but comparing the two, well, there really is no comparison at all! Congrats on a beautiful sculpt, Shawn!

The only thing I have on hand is some black india ink. I was wondering if I could use that for the screw holes, vents, and other recessed areas? I don't have any black enamel paint, which Shawn suggested I use. I'm just being lazy. I could get some enamel paint at the hobby shop, but then... there is a lot of temptation in that place. Who knows, I could buy some 600 sandpaper, a new detail paintbrush, etc...

Wow. Those comparisons sure say a lot.

If it isn't raining, I plan to take them outside and rephotograph the comparisons and maybe do some close-ups. The weather here has been wet.

The ink should be fine, just a little watery. When I thin black acrylic paint, I use ink instead of water. Makes it flow better and doesn't dilute the color.

Those tiny pin ***** air holes, what do you use to fill them in when the paint doesn't smooth them over / fill them in? Don't know the techy term.

Dang, that Sideshow version stinks!! It's so rounded that it looks more like fondant on a cake!! :lol

The builds so far look great!! Can't wait to see more!

FB

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back