T1 and T2 Endoskeleton Research Thread

I just wonder why they did the teeth like that. That hard edge between the teeth and the root, and not just have a smooth transition like real teeth.

3D-Scan-LFS-TMG-Fix-Teeth-vs-Genisys-Teeth-001.jpg

Of course, it would be easier to fix the teeth if we had a scan or casting of Quartz' or gizmo's skull upper teeth.

View attachment 1814337

View attachment 1814339
Even these skulls have far from ideal tooth shapes; in any case, they will need to be recreated to achieve perfection. But the most detailed teeth are on the Quartz skull because its teeth are not connected to each other and are much thinner than those of all the skulls I've seen.

Damn those upper teeth on the HCG looks horrible. I never understood why the licensed skulls kept using the LFS teeth and not got new castings to work with. BeagleBill and myself are trying to rework my scan of the LFS upper teeth to make them look more accurate and more like actual teeth and not have those wide gaps between each tooth. Could be an idea to swap out the upper teeth on that HCG while it's still taken apart if we get this done quickly.

Or, if you could get the teeth from the M1 and put them in the HCG photogrammetry after slimmer the rear side of the front teeth, then you would have more accurate looking teeth.

The lower teeth doesn't seem to need a fix - except on the Sideshow pieces, but all they really need on that is to be sat lower in the jaw. But then the teeth won't line up due to how they've angled the jaw to the face. They thankfully fixed the teeth on the T-700 offering.

Very nice photogrammetry going on there.
I used to have an HCG skull.
But foolishly I sold my HCG skull thinking that one was enough.
The teeth don't look that bad as far as I can see in the pictures from that time.
But the teeth look skinnier than in this picture.
20091013_1073970.jpg
post-8929-1249979600.jpg
post-8929-1249979593.jpg
post-8929-1249979587.jpg

Even these skulls have far from ideal tooth shapes; in any case, they will need to be recreated to achieve perfection. But the most detailed teeth are on the Quartz skull because its teeth are not connected to each other and are much thinner than those of all the skulls I've seen.
The reason Quartz’s skull has those gaps between teeth is because they have been filed in between. I don’t think it would be possible to make a silicone mold like that and even if you could some how, it wouldn’t last many pulls. Some of the gaps don’t pass through on the top of the teeth if you get what I mean. So it’s basically a small hole between teeth on the lower parts. Another reason to go with separate teeth I guess.

Once I cast mine I’ll be playing with casts to get similar results.

Don’t get me wrong though, Quartz’s skull is a better cast. Different era though.

Ben

All gift skulls probably come out like this:

Endo Skull - T2-3D Style - SWS Paint Video - 01 - 001.jpg

And then have the teeth gaps filed open like this:
Endo Skull - T2-3D Style - SWS Gift Skull - Basset - 005.jpg
Endo Skull - T2-3D Style - SWS Gift Skull - Basset - 006 - 0.jpg

There's really no point to do a second mold with the teeth gaps filed out, as gizmo says... that mold would have to be replaced often.

I think I can see a mistake in the way I did the two front teeth. There is a gap between the tooth and the "gums" on the real skulls... and I filled that in too much. So I'll see if I can put the gap back in.

Hi all. Some screenshots and photos of my 3D printing project based on the Skynet-2029 endoskull. But I made a lot of changes using photos from this forum - Thanks! Printed small draft model without the latest improvements. Still needs some finishing touches.

Attachments

• 1714328490201~3.jpg
    1714328490201~3.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 60
  • t800_main_camera_053~5.jpg
    t800_main_camera_053~5.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 54
  • t800_main_camera_057~3.jpg
    t800_main_camera_057~3.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 54
  • InShot_20240402_224749619~4.jpg
    InShot_20240402_224749619~4.jpg
    989.4 KB · Views: 49
  • InShot_20240430_221841322.jpg
    InShot_20240430_221841322.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 60
ghostman: Looking good. The jaw looks positioned a little crooked. Too much towards the right (left in the pictures.) I think if you move it a little to the other side, so the bottom teeth center line up with the top teeth center more, it would look better.

Since it's been so diffuclt to find castings or scans of the complete SWS spine, we may get it sculpted by a talented artist.
ghostman, I was wondering if we would be allowed to use your spine photogrammetry model as visual and 3D reference, as even though it isn't 100% it still has a cool look and some accurate shapes here and there that can assist us in getting this made properly? If you get the Cinemaquette spines recreated with photogrammetry, would we be allowed to use those too, as reference?

Nokitten: That's a really impressive looking piece. Great work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back