T-Rex Bust - WIP

Thanks guys! It's always fun to have people think that the same stuff I find cool is also cool to them! I wish I could meet with other like-minded people who were into props as much as I am...

Looks really screen accurate to the first film. We see her most on the road attack scene, so the glossiness really works there. Well done - a marvelous job

David - I didn't think it was screen accurate at all...I'm flattered you think so!

I originally saw this from the SWS and fell in love with the blending and pattern on the top:

Painted%2520%25281%2529.jpg

After starting mine I realized that the bumps that are all over the bust would look soooo much better drybrushed. And it worked because they stand out more. I was going for a ferocious monster who was as intimidating as the Honey Badger....and we all know the HoneyBadger just doesn't give a shI+!

Plus he clearly doesnt care about dental cleaning...;)

DONE! I managed to hang it from the wall without worrying about it falling off and swallowing someone whole haha! The logo was glued to yellow foam and then glued to the plaque. I cut a hole in the roof of the mouth, ran picture frame wire through it and then out the back of the plaque:

Img_0490.jpg

Img_0541.jpg

Img_0539.jpg

Img_0543.jpg

Img_0503.jpg

Img_0533.jpg

Img_0516.jpg

Img_0520.jpg

Img_0518.jpg

Img_0514.jpg

One room very heavily influenced by Stan Winston's creations:

Img_0507.jpg

Yes there's a spot missing on the Bio wall - the P2 is currently stripped of paint, primed and ready for a repaint. Thanks for looking guys and gals!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back