T-800 Endoskeleton differences

JarodRussell

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know... are there any differences between the Sideshow fullsize Endoskeleton and the Stan Winston full size Endoskeleton used in the movies?

Thanks!

Jarod

elongated head in the sideshow version, I think the reason was Arnolds head was longer and they wanted to fit arnolds body over a endoskeleton?

The Sideshow is smaller overall as it is a few generations removed from the original SWS endo. They also made alterations to details on the head and as mentioned, it is slightly warped in shape. The SWS endo is to scale with Arnold and would fit perfectly inside his body.

The T1 endo is different - has different detailing on the head, some additional pistons, different style fingers... and some other stuff I haven't kept track of.

Here's a few thoughts.

The pistons are in different positions. The spinal column is slightly different (with gaps between each vertebra, and it seems to be a bit smoother, too).

Anything else?

As a young fan growing up, I use to stare at these images of the endo for hours at time. Still do. Stan Winston was a true practical artist. Sad to see him go. His legacy lives on through us though. I will hopefully one day have on of these accurate T1 endos to display proudly in my mancave. But I digress...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back