Was the HERO Predator 2 helmet stolen after filming ?

Knightmare

Sr Member
I have heard a story for a few years now from various sources that nobody has the actual HERO P2 helmet because that and several other props were
stolen off the set . What I was told is that all the licensed replicas that are out here are in fact casts or scans from the stunt . Anyone heard this before ? I was also wondering if it has ever resurfaced seeing the length of time that has gone by would probably make it impossible to prosecute now .

This is all I'm finding on a quick search:
[Note that the LAPD links appear to no longer function thanks to the Art Theft Detail getting discontinued.]

I presume a hero would have been fiberglass?

Granted, just because one was stolen doesn't necessarily mean it was the only hero, or that molds / unfinished castings didn't survive...

From what I recall, the loss of the full-length retractable "combi-stick" spear is generally considered the greater tragedy, since that was more definitively unique - one short hero for the first stage of extension, and one long for the second stage, if memory serves.

This is all I'm finding on a quick search:
[Note that the LAPD links appear to no longer function thanks to the Art Theft Detail getting discontinued.]

I presume a hero would have been fiberglass?

Granted, just because one was stolen doesn't necessarily mean it was the only hero, or that molds / unfinished castings didn't survive...

From what I recall, the loss of the full-length retractable "combi-stick" spear is generally considered the greater tragedy, since that was more definitively unique - one short hero for the first stage of extension, and one long for the second stage, if memory serves.
Yes thats right! They even got the FBI involved but don't think they ever caught anyone . From what I recall Jim latta from ICONS had some stuff he sold or gifted a Member here some time ago and after he got visited by the FBI . I don't think any of the props were traced back to the stolen lots . Crazy story lol

Last edited:
The person who currently has it can sell it if they like. The criminal statute of limitations for most theft charges in California is one year if it's charged as a misdemeanor or three years if it's filed as a felony (California Penal Code 801 PC).

I think that's just prevents them from being charged or prosecuted. As it's stolen property, if it ever does surface, it can be confiscated and returned to the original owner. I think 20th Century Fox (or Disney now) would have to actively go after it if it showed up forsale, but they definitely could. That's actually happened to props people have had for years and tried to sell. No charges filed, but you lose the prop and any money you would have made selling it...

I think that's just prevents them from being charged or prosecuted. As it's stolen property, if it ever does surface, it can be confiscated and returned to the original owner. I think 20th Century Fox (or Disney now) would have to actively go after it if it showed up forsale, but they definitely could. That's actually happened to props people have had for years and tried to sell. No charges filed, but you lose the prop and any money you would have made selling it...
That sounds about right .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back