Sylvie (Loki series) costume piece ID’s

Also have we agreed on it being suede? Because I've looked at so many images and rewatched the series 6 times and I still cant figure out what fabric it is.
I'm having the same problem! It seems matte, there's practically no shine on it unless it's wet or dirty, and the way it looks when it's wet tells me that it's suede too. But then I look at a close-up and it seems quite smooth again.

I *Love* the textures in her costume but they're also driving me up the wall. My desk is covered in swatches.

Attachments

• Screenshot (371)2.png
    Screenshot (371)2.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 162
  • CloakTies2.png
    CloakTies2.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 152
Hi, I just found this amazing place and you have helped answer SO many of my questions already!

One thing that I just can't get my head around is how the leather is attached to the canvas of the bodice (that I assume it's on). I can't see any stitching and it's driving me insane!

Last edited:
Got my Sylvie finished just in time for DragonCon! These are the best 2 photos I have right now (and oops, my TVA collar was on my leg lol!) but I hope to get more photos back from a shoot we did within the Marriott since that's where they filmed much of the show :D Feels good to be "done" but I still want to make her poncho and pants and maybe revisit the vest ;D

(Edited post to include close up of collar)

Attachments

• IMG_6908.JPG
    IMG_6908.JPG
    850.5 KB · Views: 295
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.25.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 4.25.24 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 289
  • IMG_6807.JPG
    IMG_6807.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 295
Thank you so much for this thread! It has been super helpful. I'm not very skilled when it comes to making clothing, so I'm modifying an existing costume to make it more SA.
I couldn't find any beads that matched the ones on her armor, so I 3D printed some. I need to play around with the sizing a bit, but I think they'll work nicely once painted metallic!

Attachments

• photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02 (2).jpg
    photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02 (2).jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 131
  • photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02.jpg
    photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 141
  • photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02 (3).jpg
    photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02 (3).jpg
    103 KB · Views: 122
  • photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02 (4).jpg
    photo_2021-09-10_02-34-02 (4).jpg
    115 KB · Views: 129
I was actuay gonna ask you if you'd possibly be up to selling kits XD definitely buying this once I have money again (recovering from buying the boots)

The belt looks amazing!!

So my boots came in!!! My wallet is sobbing BUT they're perfect and they fit (which I was SUPER worried about) also holy cow is this what proper arch support feels like lmao

I also picked up fabric for my pancho/cloak. I live in FL so I opted for more breathable fabrics and I'm pretty happy with what I found. Gonna probably construct it this weekend. I also picked up just some outdoor canvas for the chest piece base because I know that'll be sturdy.
can i have cloak pattern or design?

I'm having the same problem! It seems matte, there's practically no shine on it unless it's wet or dirty, and the way it looks when it's wet tells me that it's suede too. But then I look at a close-up and it seems quite smooth again.

I *Love* the textures in her costume but they're also driving me up the wall. My desk is covered in swatches.
Over on the Loki Costuming Facebook page, someone that said they had been on set said her shirt was made of non stretch suede and that the stunt double had a stretch suede one. I don't think I have enough faith in my sewing skills to go for non stretch lol

Did a test run on the Papao Ready to Sew pattern with some crap fabric I've had sitting in a box. Think I definitely have a winner. I'm going to remove the waist ties and replace them with buttons/clasps and extend the center flap piece so there is a bit more fold over in the front. Perhaps taper the legs a bit more. Besides that, I'm really pleased with how close this pattern is!

Attachments

• F3E3842C-3A10-420B-9072-FFF1FFC9EBB1.jpeg
    F3E3842C-3A10-420B-9072-FFF1FFC9EBB1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 140
Hey guys! A friend sent me this from a Loki fan group on Facebook, but the maker of Sylvie's sword has posted some photos of their build to their website and Instagram. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and give a great look at the finishes on both the blade and the hilt. Good thing I haven't painted my raw cast sword yet!

Here's their website.
omg ty so much for this wow!

Best sword 3D print file I can find is from RedzProps. Sylvie Sword-3d Digital Files | Etsy

Anyone have a fave crown/tiara file? There are SO MANY of those, I'm a little overwhelmed with choices.
There's a lot but I have only found 1 that was actually somewhat accurate and even that one wasn't perfect. People really rushed it without looking at the details. So many of them have the middle piece inset instead of layered out.

Here with some shots of Sylvie's (hard to see, but definitely there) CLOAK TIES! A Renn faire friend pointed out to me that it's the best way to keep your cloak from choking yourself or slipping down constantly, and with the amount of fight scenes the cloak sees, it makes perfect sense. From the angle it looks like they come from the center back right by the hood, wrap over the shoulders and under the armpits, and are either tied or clipped together at the back again. I'll probably be using side release buckles for ease of pulling off/on.

Also trying to figure out what the X-box stitches on the sides of the hood lining are for. I don't believe they have anything to do with the cloak ties since they seem to move around and away from them sometimes. My current theory is that the lining may be made of a kind of viscose based on how it works in light and it's movement and how Christine Wada was talking about keeping Sylvie's costume as light as possible. So maybe the stitches are to keep it from bubbling up and away from the wool shell when she's moving around? Don't have my fabrics yet to test that theory.
THAT'S WHAT THOSE STRINGS ON HER BACK ARE!!! They've been driving me nuts. There's a set kind of between her shoulder blades and then some lower down towards the bottom. LKDFHldsakjfjkalds that makes so much sense.

It's definitely matte. Honestly a heavy (possibly stretch) cotton could work to make it easier to move in. None of the photos I've seen comes off as suede to me. Maybe a very fine microsuede?

Hi, I just found this amazing place and you have helped answer SO many of my questions already!

One thing that I just can't get my head around is how the leather is attached to the canvas of the bodice (that I assume it's on). I can't see any stitching and it's driving me insane!
My guess is its garment leather over a base and some sort of adhesive is used? I'm not super familiar with leather working so I'm not 100% but that's essentially what I'm going to do. I actually thrifted a very large leather jacket to do so.

Got my Sylvie finished just in time for DragonCon! These are the best 2 photos I have right now (and oops, my TVA collar was on my leg lol!) but I hope to get more photos back from a shoot we did within the Marriott since that's where they filmed much of the show :D Feels good to be "done" but I still want to make her poncho and pants and maybe revisit the vest ;D

(Edited post to include close up of collar)
You look absolutely amazing omg.

can i have cloak pattern or design?
I'm not sure if you're set for buying a pattern but it almost doesn't need a one. It's just cut from a rectangle shape with a hood and a few details here and there. Drew this up to explain sort of but its as wide as your arms and then length is probably to knees. And then the green lining will be around 3" shorter. As for the hood, there's tons of free patterns on the internet. Up to preference but this is the standard looking cape hood pattern. (ignore the dumb collar I just realized its wrong.) But the square shape works. But also I am no seamstress so if anyone has anything to add or correct, be my guest.View attachment 1487740
This is essentially what my plan was as well.

Did a test run on the Papao Ready to Sew pattern with some crap fabric I've had sitting in a box. Think I definitely have a winner. I'm going to remove the waist ties and replace them with buttons/clasps and extend the center flap piece so there is a bit more fold over in the front. Perhaps taper the legs a bit more. Besides that, I'm really pleased with how close this pattern is!
Oh it's so nice to see that someone was able to get it and try it. Definitely going to pick it up myself! They're SO close!

This looks great!! I was trying to decide between that pattern and this one, but I think I'll give the Papao pattern a go!

Wore my Sylvie for the first time at the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween party at Disneyland. There were lots of Loki variants wandering around, including a good number of Sylvies. I finished the vest, shirt, and pants in time, but not the cloak or the horns. It was 93 degrees during the day, so probably better with no cloak, and I told the cast member who asked me where my horns were that I lost them in a fight. Definitely plan on making both eventually as well as refining the other pieces. I'm so focused now on the aspects that I'm not happy with.
The top and vest are both stretch knit and pleather. The fabric of the vest is mounted on 2 layers of 2mm foam: individual pieces for the different sections to give them a more rigid look on top of larger base pieces underneath. The pleather didn't quite sit flush on the smaller pieces, so it wrinkles in a way that gives away that it isn't leather. But it was comfortable to wear, even on rides, and held together without losing any details, which I call a win.
I made the Papao pants from cotton twill, skipping the steps for the ties and adding snaps. Sewing them was a dream after working with stretch fabrics for so long. They were very comfortable and easy to move in. I'm thinking about adding side seam pockets, though. I had to have my boyfriend carry all my stuff for me.
I took photos with the cast Captain Marvel, who was really nice, and traded waves with the cast Loki, who I never saw come down to the photo op.

Attachments

• enchanting pose.JPG
    enchanting pose.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 226
  • fighting pose full.JPG
    fighting pose full.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 215
  • left side.JPG
    left side.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 198
  • fighting pose close.JPG
    fighting pose close.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 197
  • close jeep logo.jpg
    close jeep logo.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 199
  • full by jeep.jpg
    full by jeep.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 196
  • waving to loki.jpg
    waving to loki.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 189
  • sylvie and loki close.JPG
    sylvie and loki close.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 224
Bravo!!!! Can you show us the back please?

Wore my Sylvie for the first time at the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween party at Disneyland. There were lots of Loki variants wandering around, including a good number of Sylvies. I finished the vest, shirt, and pants in time, but not the cloak or the horns. It was 93 degrees during the day, so probably better with no cloak, and I told the cast member who asked me where my horns were that I lost them in a fight. Definitely plan on making both eventually as well as refining the other pieces. I'm so focused now on the aspects that I'm not happy with.
The top and vest are both stretch knit and pleather. The fabric of the vest is mounted on 2 layers of 2mm foam: individual pieces for the different sections to give them a more rigid look on top of larger base pieces underneath. The pleather didn't quite sit flush on the smaller pieces, so it wrinkles in a way that gives away that it isn't leather. But it was comfortable to wear, even on rides, and held together without losing any details, which I call a win.
I made the Papao pants from cotton twill, skipping the steps for the ties and adding snaps. Sewing them was a dream after working with stretch fabrics for so long. They were very comfortable and easy to move in. I'm thinking about adding side seam pockets, though. I had to have my boyfriend carry all my stuff for me.
I took photos with the cast Captain Marvel, who was really nice, and traded waves with the cast Loki, who I never saw come down to the photo op.
Looks amazing!!! Great job on everything!!

Hey so you're the maker of the listing on etsy? would you ever consider selling the file you used for the shape? I wanted to cut mine out of craft foam using my cricut. Would have ordered your leather ones but I didn't want to run my chances with international shipping (I'm NZ based)
omg im nz based too. its super hard with shippin and everythingg

This is a deep dive: has anyone managed to get any high-rez / super clear shots / screen grabs of the Rombaut boots as worn in the show? My achin' brain needs to know for sure if the screen-worn boots are made of bits of various materials OR if they are totally made of smooth vegan leather. (Loooong story.) Danke!

OH: and the metallic paint / details on the soles: is it gold or is it silver? Did anyone add that detail to their boots / thoughts / tips?

Last edited:
Hello! New and quiet member so far, but just wanted to thank everyone who’s shared amazing info here! You’ve been a huge help for me finalizing my crown and getting a step closer to SA details like the gloves, pants, cloak and boots next (I hope)!

To anyone who has been able to score the Rombaut boots - can you kindly share your usual US and EU size that worked for you for this boot? The size charts I’ve seen vary, but always say they run small. I’ve heard 39 fit a usual 8. Since 39 is my usual EU size, I was considering going 40 for my usual 9, but would love to know if that’s enough. ☺️

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back