Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [Completed!]

Re: Sylgian's 40K Space Marine [WIP]

Tonight was a test night. I had the wife suit me up and take some video so I could see how the suit looked when it was all together and how everything moved. Pretty exciting stuff seeing it together and walking around.

Video and wall of pics follow:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*****CLICK THIS TEXT FOR VIDEO******
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0991.JPG

IMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0994.JPG

IMG_0995.JPG

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

did some backpack work tonight. Mostly just assembly work. I will be incorporating a 120mm fan into my backpack as well. It will help circulate air through the chest and glow. Should be neat looking. I have a blue one just sitting here, though I think I would ultimately want a red.

Anyhow here is the nights progress.

back side
IMG_1002.JPG

front side
IMG_1001.JPG

textured ports
IMG_1003.JPG

fan mock up
IMG_1005.JPG

too awesome!!!

EDIT: Would have been more so if you'd picked a grey knight (there have been so many "standard" space marine builds) - but I'm a daemonhunters player so maybe I'm a bit biased :p

too awesome!!!

EDIT: Would have been more so if you'd picked a grey knight (there have been so many "standard" space marine builds) - but I'm a daemonhunters player so maybe I'm a bit biased :p

It was ALMOST a grey knight. They were a serious contender for the chapter I chose. The only thing that eliminated them from the running is that I decided I really wanted more color.

Fair enough... although the grey knights are far from drab.
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics16/img4f9907d96faa6.jpg
Can't wait to see a build with the cloth loin piece + Gold/Red inscriptions & religious text detailing.
imo there's much more custom detailing one can do with a grey knight ito the holy relics which are attached to the armour.
.. but hey - you need something to do when you're done with the current build no? :)

awesome build man! the eyes are just spot on! and that voice changer works a treat!

Also... Forgot to mention.... I ordered a small sample of smooth-cast 65d yesterday afternoon. I will be doing some tests with it later this week. I plan on doing a side by side with it and the epsilon. Xrobots did a great work up on the 65d coating of foam so I will be following his process.

I havent try 65d on foam, but used it to cast for some time its great to work with, keep it up sylgian your doing a great job bringing his to life :)

Last night, and this morning, was backpack time. It is my final armor piece to construct and I am super glad to see it getting done. I am incorporating a 120mm case fan into it to move air through the chest, that is mostly rigged up now. I still have the spherical-booster-jet-things to make and loads of detail to add, but the core construction is done.

IMG_1006.JPG

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1008.JPG

IMG_1009.JPG

Alright! Gotta love the full body photo shoot in the kitchen. Its a trip seeing that and wondering the proportions from a photo lol! Nice work, and so precise with the foam. :)

that is badass man, the fan looks great, the grille looks great. that is exactly the value of a 3d printer, not to simply print whole props, but to create the accents and elements that would usually have to be found items or scratch built.

great build as usual sylgian

Ridiculously awesome, great work! This reminds me of those Mondoshawan aliens from The Fifth Element
PDVD_004.jpg

Backpack is ALMOST done. The backpack makes the costume WAY bigger too. Good thing I made it easily removable for my helper or I'd never fit through a door! Pictures of my mount system are below. Basically it hangs from the PVC skeleton on hooks.

I re-printed my fan grille, the first version was a little flimsy so I reinforced it. I also printed vent covers for the bottom exhaust thingies. I realize only the bottom two should have these, but I don't care. I like the look and all 4 are getting them.

Mocking up the Ball things
IMG_1043.JPG

ball thing construction
IMG_1045.JPG

ball things attached
IMG_1046.JPG

Mounting hooks on backpack
IMG_1059.JPG

reinforced mounting plate on the back of my chest armor
IMG_1060.JPG

simply slide the hooks into place, BOOM, mounted. It hooks over the PVC tubing inside the armor so its very secure.
IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

backpack fashion show time!

IMG_1052.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back