Syd Mead Bladerunner blaster from Sideshow. Anyone know when??

Wonder how easily it can be disassembled and refinished...

Forgot about tax. All totaled up it's gonna be 300 dollars.
Not sure. There aren't any visible screws. They may be hidden under some of the details that cover the seamline. Just gonna have to risk prying it apart.

Not sure. There aren't any visible screws. They may be hidden under some of the details that cover the seamline. Just gonna have to risk prying it apart.
Synz thanks for that very detailed post up with the very details pics. I appreciate that and your thoughts on it. Well done !

Yeah, as much as I wanted one 2 years ago, I don't regret cancelling my order. I still kind of like the design concept though but I agree the finish could have been more 'silvery'.

I would be lying if I said I was delighted with the final product (for the record I’ve not received the copies stipulated in my contract with chronicles, either).

In addition to creating the 3D model of the pistol (which Rick Ross and I did as a team), I provided chronicles with two paint masters that were approved by Syd, who was incredibly kind enough to give me creative control on the piece and who actually *was* in fact delighted with what Rick and I had done.

His approval meant the world to me, and if the only thing I came away from this experience was that, then it was all worth it.

I’ve attached two photos of said paint masters for reference.

Attachments

• C8108EEA-716B-435F-AAF4-6E77D6C861F5.jpeg
    C8108EEA-716B-435F-AAF4-6E77D6C861F5.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 286
  • D91751FE-B865-4F6C-91BF-8BB308731F37.jpeg
    D91751FE-B865-4F6C-91BF-8BB308731F37.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 271
I would be lying if I said I was delighted with the final product (for the record I’ve not received the copies stipulated in my contract with chronicles, either).

In addition to creating the 3D model of the pistol (which Rick Ross and I did as a team), I provided chronicles with two paint masters that were approved by Syd, who was incredibly kind enough to give me creative control on the piece and who actually *was* in fact delighted with what Rick and I had done.

His approval meant the world to me, and if the only thing I came away from this experience was that, then it was all worth it.

I’ve attached two photos of said paint masters for reference.
Your work is stellar. I’m sure nobody that has been on the RPF for two minutes will dispute that.
Chronicles did not do your work justice, instead, they went the cheap route.
Look, I get it. Every company has to make a profit. It’s not a charity. If you’re going to charge someone 75.00 or 100.00 you can get away with cutting corners. But for 300.00 plus, you are held to a higher standard. You have to see where the money went in your product.
I just don’t see it here.

Not your fault morganthirteen...as Funky said, you and Rick did a great job; the paint masters show that clearly, since they were approved by Syd himself :cool: :cool: It`s just that the final product is lacking the quality someone expect for that price.

Did Sideshow pick up the production of these when Chronicle went under?

Only asking to see if there is hope for the NCC-1701 D.
I can confirm: Sideshow advised that they are only managing fulfillment for their sales of standing Chronicle products, did not take on any Chronicle projects that were pending, and are still waiting for several items to start rolling in, but no word on those as of Tuesday this week.

Glad to see some of these are arriving with people and I think the end result is quite impressive. I especially enjoyed the video posted by Synz314. This project spoke directly to me as a massive Syd Mead fan, which is why I pre-ordered direct from Chronicle Collectibles and paid in full over 2 years ago.

Does anyone know if Chronicle Collectibles are planning on fulfilling orders placed directly through their website, since they seem to be fulfilling orders to 3rd party sites like Sideshow and Monsters in Motion? I'm not sure how to contact them now that their website is gone.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice. Thanks in advance.

Glad to see some of these are arriving with people and I think the end result is quite impressive. I especially enjoyed the video posted by Synz314. This project spoke directly to me as a massive Syd Mead fan, which is why I pre-ordered direct from Chronicle Collectibles and paid in full over 2 years ago.

Does anyone know if Chronicle Collectibles are planning on fulfilling orders placed directly through their website, since they seem to be fulfilling orders to 3rd party sites like Sideshow and Monsters in Motion? I'm not sure how to contact them now that their website is gone.

I'd really appreciate any help or advice. Thanks in advance.
I don’t think so Chronicle is done as a company. I have no idea if Sideshow or Monster in Motion is “Fullfilling” past orders made via Chronicle. I ordered mine direct from Sideshow and it showed up in a few days. I suggest calling sideshow and asking them if they are. I am happy with my order. GC

Did Sideshow pick up the production of these when Chronicle went under?

Only asking to see if there is hope for the NCC-1701 D.
So glad I didn’t preorder the D model but maybe Sideshow or MiM might get them? I don’t think so as even the preorder window for it was open for very Long.

Really love Morganthirteen's work. I received mine this week from Sideshow (265 total, used an online coupon). I just haven't got he heart or nerve to fold it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back