SW TFA stormtrooper bucket

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Steppingrazor66, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Steppingrazor66

Steppingrazor66 New Member

Hey everyone. I purchased a TFA trooper helmet from a friend who bought it before the official suit was released. I have to heavily modify the mask. My question is the side squares that are just below the eyes are missing. I wanted to know if anyone makes those or do I need to make them my self.
    Second. Since the mesh was not reveal until later as well, what have people have to make this? Thanks. First time posting. IMG_20150811_213316.jpg IMG_20150811_213316.jpg IMG_20150811_213229321.jpg

2. widescreen

widescreen Well-Known Member

It looks like one done by a RPF member - Ozymanduis
    The bits that are missing were done seperately - he may still have some - give him a shout.
    An Idea I have is to buy the hex plate (seen it on ebay), shape it to the right dimensions as the helmet, cut out the existing material on the helmet & replace it with the hex plate. You could put some fine netting behind the hex plate - it would help with ventilation.

3. Steppingrazor66

Thank you! I will try and contact him about the piece.

Do you have and specifics about the hex plating? I started to look around for tolle or some kind of netting and lay it on a bendable material. I was debating of cutting that part off or just drill holes for ventilation and laying on a dark material and then the hex netting. But Im seeing a lot more people cutting that part out.

4. Steppingrazor66

5. widescreen

widescreen Well-Known Member

Found this stuff on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/030-x-12-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
    unfortunately the shipping cost to the UK was silly.

6. Steppingrazor66

Yeah. There has to be something local. I was taking a look at the mash. I would think that the mesh would have to be smaller. that why I was thinking of mesh with rounder holes than hex.
    I also found this as well.
    http://www.amazon.com/Amaco-WireFor...bs_422_11?ie=UTF8&refRID=00GYTNM56F18FC89T61M

Looking for cheap alternatives. Since this is the trial and error stage. I already bought mesh for house gutters, only to findout that the holes are too big. $6. down the drain (or gutters).