SW MI Prop Party in Grand Rapids 5/31/08

masteryoda

Prop Party Update (05-19-2008) :D:cool

Date: May 31, 2008

Location: Blesco, Inc. 4890 Kendrick Street SE Grand Rapids, MI 49512

Contact: Dean Woodard (masteryoda) if you have comments or questions
:confused

Time: 10:00 AM Eastern Time until 7:00 PM with the possibility of set-up prior to that for those that need it. (Let me know if you need to set up early, otherwise you'll not find anybody there!)

Format: Come and go as you please, but if you can commit to displaying your stuff for at least a decent chunk of that time that would be best.

If you need a table or two to set up your stuff on, let me know.

If you have props that take up lots of floor space, that's not a problem either since we have plenty of floor space. If you do have such an item, let me know what it is and what kind of accomodations you'll need and I can give you special directions on which dock door to go to to drop it off.

I'll have a sign on the main road (Patterson) that says "RPF" on it to direct people down Kendrick.
Blesco is right on the corner of Kendrick and Patterson, about 1 mile South of Grand Rapids International Airport.
If you come South down Patterson (which will be the easiest way to find Blesco) you'll notice a very long chain link fence running the edge of the airport property. When this fence ends, there's a road of sorts, but it's a service road for the airport. The first real road is just after that, right across from "Laser's Resource". That is Kendrick, which only goes to the West. Blesco is right on the SouthWest corner.

Facilities available include a small lunch room with a microwave plus plenty of restrooms.

We can collect money for those interested in ordering pizzas, or individuals can head to nearby restaurants.

Here is a list of some relatively close restaurants I noticed while out on an errand in the area.

(All distances are from Blesco.)
Wendy's - 1 mile
McDonalds - 3 miles
Chili's - 3.1 miles
Steak & Shake - 3.1 miles
Dunkin Donuts - 3.9 miles
Baskin Robbins - 3.9 miles
Burger King - 4 miles
Wendys - 4 miles

Keep in mind this is far from a complete list, but should give an idea of what's available nearby.

We will be having some door prizes, available to any who attend, but you'll need to be present to win, since I'm not going to ship stuff to you. ;)

I'm still interested in dontations for door prizes, even if you can't make it. In such case, we'll have to work out an arrangement for shipping.

I have opened this up to several other prop related forums I am a member of, including Midwest Base of the Rebel Legion, R2 Builders, C-3PO Builders, Propcircle, Blaster Builders, & Custom Saber Shop Forums. There hasn't been a huge response, other than on the R2 Builders, but we may see some participation across other prop related groups. We should have at least a couple fully functional R2-D2s here (as well as partially completed), various C-3PO parts, and more.

Post replies here to indicate how likely you are to come and again, please LMK if you need a table or two.

I don't want to turn this into a big yard sale or anything, but if you have a few prop related items you want to sell or better yet trade, that's ok.

Last edited:
Re: SE MI Prop Party in Grand Rapids 5/31/08

As I replied on the R2 Group. I "should " be able to make it if the date is clear and I can get R2 fixed up a bit. I'd only need less than half a table and maybe a dance floor for R2 :p

i'll try and make it pending work, i run the indy prop party in april and it was pretty successful everyone had a great time and i'd like to attend others as well. i'll see what i can dig up for a door prize if your doing them.

i'll try and make it pending work, i run the indy prop party in april and it was pretty successful everyone had a great time and i'd like to attend others as well. i'll see what i can dig up for a door prize if your doing them.

That's excellent news! I'd love to start gathering door prize offers. You can either post them directly here or PM me the details. I've already gotten a bit of interest on a couple of the forums, we'll see how many people can come. It could be 30, or it could be 200! No matter, we'll be able to fit a crowd if a crowd shows!:)

As I replied on the R2 Group. I "should " be able to make it if the date is clear and I can get R2 fixed up a bit. I'd only need less than half a table and maybe a dance floor for R2 :p
Heath buddy! Good to be heard and to hear that you might be able to make it. I'd love it if you were able to come. (Might find a place on my couch or living room floor for you to crash if you needed to come Friday evening, so long as you don't mind being swarmed by 4 padawans!)
As far as dance space goes, we'll have enough room we'll be able to have R2 races if we have a couple functioning droids! :)

Hey mods, is there any chance to get this Prop Party notice stickied? And while you're at it correct the SE to SW in the title? Please?

Sweet! A prop party with only a short drive! :)

I've added this to my calendar!

I may try and make it. I'm about 2 hrs away. Dont have a ton, but I might be able to bring some stuff or maybe just stop by.

I may try and make it. I'm about 2 hrs away. Dont have a ton, but I might be able to bring some stuff or maybe just stop by.
Cool! I'd love to have you. If you could give me an approximate amount of table space you'll need as we get closer and you're more certain you'll come, that would be very helpful. I do hope you can make it.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Terrell78, hopefully it'll work out next year.

For those that can make it and have ideas for door prizes, please let me know. I'm looking for donations to that.
Thanks!

If I can make it i'll bring some star trek stuff for door prizes.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it Terrell78, hopefully it'll work out next year.

For those that can make it and have ideas for door prizes, please let me know. I'm looking for donations to that.
Thanks!

That's excellent news! I'd love to start gathering door prize offers. You can either post them directly here or PM me the details. I've already gotten a bit of interest on a couple of the forums, we'll see how many people can come. It could be 30, or it could be 200! No matter, we'll be able to fit a crowd if a crowd shows!:)

I would offer a couple of the MG81 flash suppressors as door prizes but due to the thread that tainted the run Im not sure if it would be a good idea. Let me know tho. I go to GR at least once a week.

I would offer a couple of the MG81 flash suppressors as door prizes but due to the thread that tainted the run Im not sure if it would be a good idea. Let me know tho. I go to GR at least once a week.
Hmm... I guess I must have missed something, 'cause I'm not sure what thread tainted the run of flash supressors. If it'd be better to explain offline, you can PM me. Otherwise, more donations for door prizes is cool!
Thanks!

I will be there for once!!! I could use a table i guess. With the 501st as well i am planning to bring and display my jango fett costume, as well as my R2 WIP. I have 2 jedi costumes i may bring and possibly a few props, I will have to see what seems like a good idea. I dont want to be the 12th guy bringing MR and sideshow stuff. Probably just what i think others may not have to show i guess

see you there
dan

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back