Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

I've been lurking her for a while. I really enjoy looking at all the great builds. I was lead to RPF by watching Adam Savage on Tested and Mythbusters.
I'll write a full introduction later in the proper place, I just wanted to respond to this thread about the '67 Chevy Impala so I figured I'd go ahead and register
so I could really take part.
I bought a '67 Impala when I was 18, it was the first car that I owned. It was really nice, it was burgundy with a black vinyl top and black interior.
I put ET gold spoke ET mags and white letter Goodyear on it, boy did it change the whole look of the car.
Attached (I hope) is a photo I took of it about 2am in the K-mart parking lot next to the MickyDees where we all cruised.
when I was AF Crypto school there was a place in San Antonio that would take any photo and blow it up to poster size. I had this
pix blown up and had it on the wall in my dorm room.

My main interest for almost 45 years has been collecting antique radios and vacuum tubes, I'm also a ham radio operator.
I wonder how many other RPF members are hams or radio collector?
If you're interested you can visit my radio/tube collection on my web pages here:
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/

73, Ron w4ron Ron's 67 Impala.jpg

Welcome sir,
I'm sure crytpo school was different back then :p
Nice car you still have it or shopping for another 67?

Yes I'm sure it was different, they don't even have Crypto job anymore.

No I don't have the '67 anymore, I blew the engine about a week before I was to come home, so I sold it to a friend.
I'd sure like to find it again and be able to restore it.
I keep hoping I'll find some old papers with the VIN number so maybe I can get someone to try and locate it and see if it's still tagged.
It was a great car, lots of memories in it for sure :)

Crypto is still an MO but it's more for anti-cyber terrorism than Alan Turning stuff :)

If you can't find it you could always just get another. If you dig on Craigslist you can find some 67 Impalas for good prices. You might have to put the stock suspension back on and sell a silly hydrolic kit, but it would be worth it. Welcome all the same, if you need some help stalking one down I get bored on craigslist. ;)

my Project Imp. .just getting started, I have another parts car I bought off craigslist. .this one ive gotten the headliner out and the seats removed, my trunk pan needs replaced.. this one is a rescue, it had been sitting and has some rust issues, but the main bones are there .. this one's just a body and chassis.. the parts car has the engine and transmission. . so how hard is it to switch out the gas tank?

It's pretty straight forward to drop a gas tank. You'll want to get as much fuel out of it as you can if there is any in it. Even new cars dropping a gas tank hasn't changed much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=369co9HM1SU

Here is a basic idea of what's up, I can't believe Autozone made a video for this lol

Any way you cut it no matter the year or model this is all essentially the same. If you have any questions feel free, I'll help as I have time.

:)

Wow the threads you find when you actually look outside the off topic entertainment and convention sections. I am a classic car guy who has done some major restoration work for my own and friend's muscle cars. I have a 66 chevelle station wagon with a 327 out of a 68 vet. that I recently restored myself.... I can not answer specific supernatural impala questions...though to be honest it looks like rick has a good handle on that.. I can however try and answer mechanic questions and such.

It looks like a lot of you have good builds going. I will try and help with some of the more recent questions.

I will start with the gas tank swap... The youtube video by autozone is pretty good. Yes you want to get as much gas as possible out of the tank and old hot rodder's trick is drive it till near empty and as soon as the gague(if working gets parallel line on e) on older muscle cars it usually means you have about one gallon left in the tank... then it should be an easy remove.. If you do not have a siphoning kit that is, and if the car runs. If it doesn't then ya you can either buy or borrow one. it also does help if you have a lift and or a transmission jack. if you can not get those and are doing "front or back yard work" make sure to bring a buddy or two when you drop and install the new tank those old tanks are pretty heavy(weighting about 40-50 pounds). Also make sure you have a seperate jack stand for the tank....

As far as putting a holley on it to make it more screen accurate.... I can say this being my ability to do anything with a wrench I really like my holley the removable metering blocks make it a lot easier to swap out jets for say if I am going on a longer drive and want to save gas, or if I am going on a short drive and want the few extra horses I can change the jets in 10 minutes or less. The edelbrocks require a complete tear down and rebuild to do this or at least removal off the intake manifold. Do not get me wrong though Edelbrocks are still great carbs the 650 cfm thunder series I had on my chevelle ran great with out a problem for 5 years, then needed a rebuild then recently needed another rebuild(about a 2 years later) so I figured it was time for an upgrade about a year ago.. my holley 670 street avenger has run great the whole time.

Do not get me wrong I know I only need 600 cfms even at 90% volume metric efficency(how efficent each cylinder is burning or how much gas it is) which is a way high % but I find having the extra 100ish cfms I never am struggling for fuel even on a cold southern California(yes I know no where near cold for anywhere else) mornings, and since it is a daily driver I need it to fire right up every time.

I also really like the looks of the street avenger the 1/2 black 1/2 white electric choke with the holley logo on it.

As far as edelbrock carbsgo though, I have heard nothing but good things about the edelbrock 1406 series carb for a very good streetable carb with decent power. So the choice is up to each indiviual

Last edited:
everyones stuff looks very nice just starting mine and im still trying to make up my mind in what direction to go in.
Anyone going to be doing the american mags? im thinking about having both sets of tires and wheels.

Last edited:
I'm 19 years old, In the U.K and thanks to Supernatural a 67 Chevy is now my dream car. Unfortunately even if I could afford the minimum for a cheap chevy for about £4000 I'll have to pay for transport to the coast of America then it's going to cost thousands to have it shipped to the coast of England, then even more to have it taxed, made it road legal, documents, MOT'D and then I will have to pay for all the work it'd need. I wish we had junkyards like Bobbys full of 67 Chevys, I really do :(

I'm 19 years old, In the U.K and thanks to Supernatural a 67 Chevy is now my dream car. Unfortunately even if I could afford the minimum for a cheap chevy for about £4000 I'll have to pay for transport to the coast of America then it's going to cost thousands to have it shipped to the coast of England, then even more to have it taxed, made it road legal, documents, MOT'D and then I will have to pay for all the work it'd need. I wish we had junkyards like Bobbys full of 67 Chevys, I really do :(

These cars were manufactured in right hand drive. Whilst they could be ordered RHD in the UK, they were few & far between, however they were actually manufactured RHD in both Australia and South Africa.

You might find locating one from South Africa is both closer and cheaper than importing from the US. Gumtree is a good place to start.

These cars were manufactured in right hand drive. Whilst they could be ordered RHD in the UK, they were few & far between, however they were actually manufactured RHD in both Australia and South Africa.

You might find locating one from South Africa is both closer and cheaper than importing from the US. Gumtree is a good place to start.

I wrote a reply, and the website crashed just as I tried posting it. (Just my luck) I shall re-type as much as I remember :)

First off, thank you for replying and thank you for the info! I shall have a look on Gumtree! As for the RHD and LHD, apparently LHD is legal in the U.K it's just a bit of a hassle with overtaking and not thinking i'm too close to the curb, so I honestly wouldn't mind a LHD If you know of any.

Basically I'm self employed, I repair laptops for a living, I also just started claiming ESA disability benefits at £50 a week I'll recieve my first pay check for that in november. I started my driving lessons recently and I set aside about £700 for them, at £22 for an hour long lesson. That's about 32 lessons if my maths is correct (It's probably not) I'll need more lessons than most because I have acute memory loss from a road traffic accident when I was 15. Hence the disability benefits.

There's a good chance I will have to cough up some more money before I'm confident. But yeah, I had about £2,000 saved up for my car and all my driving stuff, or at least to get a head start you know? I really really really want a 67 chevy, so If anyone sees or hears of one going from a friend or anywhere for maybe a little more than £1,000 or $1600, preferably in the U.K but if not, then the transport costs would not be over £1500 including the car. I know it's a ridiculously low price but I don't mind if it's got a hole in the roof or whatever, I'd prefer it running with problems, but even if it doesn't, I'd probably still take it and save up until I can fix her, even if there's any a bit more expensive, just any low priced ones would be amazing. Maybe if anyone knows a cheap way to get cars across the ocean cheap, that'd be amazing.
I tried looking online for ones in the uk but all i get is "Classic Cars" ranging from about £26,000 +
I don't know many people to ask who work with cars or anything, So all I have is the internet and you people, I'm counting on you all ;)

Even if you see one somewhere online, that's just a bit more than my price range, please link me to it! I'd be forever in your debt.

Thank you Russ for the reply, It was nice ot hear from you!

Best regards all,

Dwight

Quick question for those with the 6" Rampage speakers for the rear shelf.

Did they fit without any cutting to the existing speaker hole (aside from drilling holes)? or did you have to trim some of the metal to make them fit?

I have the 6x9's but they will require some trimming of the original holes to fit flush.

anyone have a list of the trunks contents

List of what I know so far:

Guns:

Bought - Desert Eagle, Black
Bought - Heckler & Koch MK23
Bought - Ithaca 37
Bought - SIG-Sauer P228
Bought - Beretta 92FS
Bought - Colt M1911A1
Bought - DE M58A
Bought - DE M58B
Bought - Desert Eagle, Nickel
Bought - Tech 9
Bought - Baikal Side-by-Side Sawed off model 54
Bought - Cyma ZM61A
Bought - Taurus PT99
Bought - Coach Gun Shotgun Wells Fargo Stagecoach
Bought - Paintball Gun - Core Zx Paint ball Pistol - Black
Cannot Find- Demon Colt - Oz - 151A Pietta Colt 1836 Patterson Extra Deluxe
Cannot Find- DefTech 37mm launcher
Cannot Find - Flare Guns
Cannot Find- Remington 870 with Surefire forend weapon light 12 gauge
Cannot Find- Smith & Wesson 5906 - Silver
Cannot Find- 1873 Winchester Lever Action Rifle (large loop w/octagon barrel)
Cannot Find - 1887 WIncester Lever Action Shotgun

Non Gun Weapons:

Bought - Angel Blade - Rick
Bought - Arrow - Rick
Bought - WWII Bayonet w Leather Sheath - Camillus M4 Bayonet.
Bought - Throwing axe - Boker Magnum Beil Throwing Axe
Bought - Black Throwing Axe/W sheath, Green Nylon handle
Bought - Brass Knuckles - Gold
Bought - Kershaw Storm II
Bought - Gil Hibben Competition Throwing Knife Triple Set 3 Knives Knife - Eye OF God
Bought - A Knife - Vintage Rapala J Marttiini
Bought - Mechete - Frost Cutlery - Model HK6278-190 - Will need ox head branded to it
Bought - Marine Kaybar
Bought - Muela Alcaraz
Bought - Muela Bowie Small 10"
Bought - Kershaw Speed Bump
Bought - Throwing knives 8.5" SILVER WING BLACK TACTICAL THROWING
Bought - 3pc Silver Wings 9" Throwing Knives Silver Series
Bought - A Hatchet - Vintage Stanley,USA Hatchet
Bought - 8 Point Throwing Stars
Bought - Wooden Hammer - Ebay
Bought - Wooden Spear Head - I can have made
Bought - 2004 Muela Podenquero Molibdeno Vanadio
Bought - Deans - SOG Agency AG01-L
Bought - Muela Large Bowie 13 and a half inches with smaller knife
Bought - Sams - Cold Steel ODA San Mai III
Bought - Wooden Stake with Bark and blood - Etsy
Bought - Wooden Stake - Carved down - Etsy
Bought - Metal Stakes - Round and Square - Etsy
Found - Rubys Demon Knife - Rick
Cannot Find - Small Plug Bayonet - Denix
Cannot Find - Muela Black Handle Gold Guard
Cannot Find - Muela Bowie wWood and Stag handle #cucmubw22c 220mm Muela knife BW-22C
Cannot Find - Zombie Stakes - Rick

Other Items:
Bought - Ankh Mirror
Bought - Blood Vials
Bought - Bobbys Flask - RPF
Bought - Bobbys Flask Cover - Rick
Bought - Burlap Sack - Ebay
Bought - Correct Cigar Box - Montecristo Habana empty cigar box
Bought - Compass (Lensatic)
Bought - Oriental Mixture Tobacco Tin (Crossroads)
Bought - Duffel Bag - Canadian Army - 3 button, canvas
Bought - Surefire M4 Flashlight
Bought - Dean's lighters - GENUINE ZIPPO® "BLACK CRACKLE™"
Bought - Dean's lighters - MIDIEVAL CROSS
Bought - Dean's lighters - Zippo Lighter Moth
Bought - Dream Catcher - Claudia
Bought - Esso oil Can - GX-140, IMPERIAL OIL LIMITED
Bought - Green Cooler - Coleman 40s/50s Snow Lite Diamond Cooler
Bought - Ear Protection
Bought - Indian Head Hydrolic Break FLuid Salt tin
Bought - First Aid Kit M-1 Jungle W/Belt Clip & Essential Items
Bought - Antique Knife Sharpener hinged Box
Bought - WW2 US COLT 1911 M1916 ARMY LEATHER PISTOL HOLSTER-32686
Bought - License Plates Kansas
Bought - Rampage AV2000 Radio and TRY-36 Speakers
Bought - Catholic Wooden Rosary Prayer Beads Cord Cross Necklace
Bought - Salt Rounds
Bought - SENATOR Smoking TOBACCO Vintage TIN w/Lid
Bought - Small Army Compass Pouch for Protection Amulets
Bought - Black Spot Light
Bought - Triple K Brown Leather 12 gauge Shot shell Cartridge
Bought - 51 WEBBING MESS TIN POUCH
Bought - P51 Canadian Army Pouch
Bought - Correct Gas Can - WEDCO 1 1\4 GALLON VENTED GAS CAN
Bought - Canteen in weapons box - WWII British Army Canteen with
Bought - Wooden Cross - Etsy
Bought - M13 Ammo Box
Bought - Evil Eye Beads - Claudia
Found - Small Wooden Box - With Half moon Pentagram - Claudia
Found - Gun Pistol Case Durable & soft vinyl fuzzy inside 14" Long
Cannot Find - Leather Ammo Belt
Cannot Find - Bag of Vials
Cannot Find - Deans Cross Flask
Cannot Find - Grappling Hook -
Cannot Find - Holy Oil Container
Cannot Find - Holy Water Snake Flask
Cannot Find - Packhams Tin
Cannot Find - Syringes and Carrying Case

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back