Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

I just found the oldest picture of my Impala that I could dig up and compared it to the most recent picture I took. When I bought the car, someone had rattle-can spray painted it black, but they sent me this pic of what it looked like before their rattle-can job. Thought you all would appreciate the difference a little TLC can make...
IMG_4319.JPGcem1.JPG

Oh that makes sense on why it looks darker. It's a great shot.

Now when you say you worked with Cars Inc. on matching the color, do you mean just over the phone, or do they have another location aside from just Michigan? I wasn't aware they sold 67 Impala door panels, never saw them on their website (am I just blind and missing them, or...?). Sorry if this is all really obvious, I've just never worked with Cars Inc. before. As for the rest of the interior, thanks for all the answers. I just love how easy this whole SEM paint approach is. Until I found this thread I had no idea how I was going to correctly handle this portion of the remodel, and lo and behold the answer is incredibly simple.

So far I seem (Fingers crossed I haven't missed anything) to have all the little bits and pieces needed for this car, save one; the exterior side trim. Naturally. I started off with a caprice, so it has the lower and slightly thinner side trim already installed. So while it isn't a huge deal, if I'm going to be as accurate as possible then I'll need to eventually get a set of the authentic Impala trim. If you get a bead on a set, or happen to already have an extra pair let me know. It would help me out a lot.

That's so great that your Dad had the resources to help you out with this monumental project. 7 months of continues weekends of hard work, yeah I'd say mission accomplished, bud. That's one hell of a transformation! Once I get further along with my project maybe we could meet up and check out the others Metallicar

Last edited:
Now when you say you worked with Cars Inc. on matching the color, do you mean just over the phone, or do they have another location aside from just Michigan? I wasn't aware they sold 67 Impala door panels, never saw them on their website (am I just blind and missing them, or...?). Sorry if this is all really obvious, I've just never worked with Cars Inc. before.

They list the door panels as being for a 67 4 door wagon or hardtop: 1967 Chevy Impala - 1967 Impala Wagon Side Panel Set Black | Classic Chevy Restoration Parts | CARS Inc.

They're available in about 4 different standard colours: Black, Light Blue, Red, Gold, Turquoise.

The only difference between the 4 door panels is the metal rail that sits atop the door frame. The wagon, hardtop and sedan are each slightly different. CarsInc do not supply these -and they aren't reproduced so you can't buy them. You need to send your own in for them to attach, or the send you the panels incomplete and you do it yourself (or have someone do it for you).

E67supernatural I must say your pictures are both an inspiration and a frustration. What a beautiful job you have done in just 7 months...and how the hell am I going to get close to that. Like Mickey Arlo I am also working from a Caprice and evidently I also live in the same town he does. Now I know I have competition at the local wrecking yards looking for that darn side trim. I've only had the car for a couple of months now and it has been a blast to work on. She's a long way from Black and light buckskin, but with all the good advice and know how pointing the way it looks to be a fun ride. DSC00342.JPGDSC00344.JPG

I paid 4250 for a Caprice that has 23,000 original miles and the only rist on the whole car is around the front and back windows. Body and paint, bumper guards, replacing the rear bumper ends and tail lights, and the side trim and its placement. $2000
Interior carpet seats, door panels all redone and painted $2200 but I also already stripped and old impala for the stuff I needed. Mechanical, suspension, tires wheels, break conversion, $3000 at least. So in my case i'm looking at $8000 to do my car if that's all It takes.

Ok finally had some time to work on the impala last weekend and come across a problem I can't seem to get an accurate answer to. Does anyone know the correct rear speakers for the car? I know they change and disappear but in general. I know they are round but what brand and size also did you use an amplifier?
-Travis

The radio is the Audiovox Rampage AV-3000, and the speakers are Audiovox Rampage TRY-36
Radio and speakers.jpg

Ok finally had some time to work on the impala last weekend and come across a problem I can't seem to get an accurate answer to. Does anyone know the correct rear speakers for the car? I know they change and disappear but in general. I know they are round but what brand and size also did you use an amplifier?
-Travis

I believe the correct radio model is an av2000 different style knobs and the rampage logo is larger. I already have it installed. But thanks for the speaker info.

I believe the correct radio model is an av2000 different style knobs and the rampage logo is larger. I already have it installed. But thanks for the speaker info.

Your right its the 2000 I was trying to read the photos I had and I couldn't quite make it out lol thanks sorry about that.

Hey scornell, didn't know you lived so close. I'm in Punta Gorda. Didn't figure it out until I saw your salt rounds on eBay. Small world.

-Travis

Well Christmas was good to me, Got some money to add to my savings for the Impala: Here is what I bought yesterday:

Rear Tires - BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires 275/60R15

Front Tires - BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires 215/70R15

Rear Wheels - U.S. Wheel 26 Series Chrome Blade Wheel 15"x8" 5x4.75"

Front Wheels - U.S. Wheel 26 Series Chrome Blade Wheel 15"x7" 5x4.75"

Correct Center Caps - Weld,Cragar,Centerline Wheel Center Caps

Correct Lug Nuts - 7/16" 3/4" Hex One Piece Solid 7/16x20

Air Cleaner - CHEVY FORD CHRYSLER 14" CHROME STEEL AIR CLEANER SET - FLAT BASE HOT RAT ROD

Chrome Valve Covers - Chevy Chrome Steel Small Block OEM Short 305-350

Rear Springs - Moog Chassis Parts Springs Rear Coil Cargo Control

Headers - Summit Racing G9001 Headers Full-Length Steel Painted

Shocks - Rear - Monroe® Sensa-Trac® Shocks Pair Warranty

Shocks - Front - Monroe® Sensa-Trac® Shocks Pair Warranty

Sway Bar - 1965 66 67 68 69 70 Chevy Impala front 1 1/8"addco swaybar powder coated poly

Intake Manifold - Edelbrock "Performer" high rise 4 barrel intake manifold. Model # 2104

Carb - Edelbrock Carburetor # 1406 600 CFM Electric Choke

Spark Plugs - SPARK PLUG ASM Part Number:7 RapidFire Spark Plug, .035 GAP

Oil Filter Adapter - SBC BBC Chevy spin on w/ bypass

Trans Dapt 1359 Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter

Oil Filter - Wix Filters 51060

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY RED HEI Distributor & 8mm SPARK PLUG WIRES under Exhaust manifold

Cant wait for them to all come in.

Well Christmas was good to me, Got some money to add to my savings for the Impala: Here is what I bought yesterday:

Rear Tires - BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires 275/60R15

Front Tires - BF Goodrich Radial T/A Tires 215/70R15

Rear Wheels - U.S. Wheel 26 Series Chrome Blade Wheel 15"x8" 5x4.75"

Front Wheels - U.S. Wheel 26 Series Chrome Blade Wheel 15"x7" 5x4.75"

Correct Center Caps - Weld,Cragar,Centerline Wheel Center Caps

Correct Lug Nuts - 7/16" 3/4" Hex One Piece Solid 7/16x20

Air Cleaner - CHEVY FORD CHRYSLER 14" CHROME STEEL AIR CLEANER SET - FLAT BASE HOT RAT ROD

Chrome Valve Covers - Chevy Chrome Steel Small Block OEM Short 305-350

Rear Springs - Moog Chassis Parts Springs Rear Coil Cargo Control

Headers - Summit Racing G9001 Headers Full-Length Steel Painted

Shocks - Rear - Monroe® Sensa-Trac® Shocks Pair Warranty

Shocks - Front - Monroe® Sensa-Trac® Shocks Pair Warranty

Sway Bar - 1965 66 67 68 69 70 Chevy Impala front 1 1/8"addco swaybar powder coated poly

Intake Manifold - Edelbrock "Performer" high rise 4 barrel intake manifold. Model # 2104

Carb - Edelbrock Carburetor # 1406 600 CFM Electric Choke

Spark Plugs - SPARK PLUG ASM Part Number:7 RapidFire Spark Plug, .035 GAP

Oil Filter Adapter - SBC BBC Chevy spin on w/ bypass

Trans Dapt 1359 Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter

Oil Filter - Wix Filters 51060

SMALL BLOCK CHEVY RED HEI Distributor & 8mm SPARK PLUG WIRES under Exhaust manifold

Cant wait for them to all come in.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to you? I was thinking GREAT..lol You must of been a very good boy this year...cause that's alot of $$$$

Hahahaha got a few hundred bucks but I have been saving for the impala for a while and just decided to buy all of it at once. Thanks man

Nice score mate. It'll keep you busy for a weekend or two.

Got AngeliCar from her engine rebuild, and it's now in getting a nice dual stainless exhaust system. Should be ready to pick up tomorrow.

impala-enginerebuild13.jpg~original

impala-newexhaust1.jpg~original

Got my bumper guards ready to go, unfortunately the front don't line up properly. The angle of the thread mount on the bumper guard is on too much of an angle compared to the factory hole in the bumper. Going to have to do a little bit of drilling to get it to work.

impala-bumperguards3.jpg~original

Very cool man, DO you have an impala you are doing? Love to see one finished.

Yea I'm in the process of building my 67 impala now. I just tore out the old interior and ordered new carpet. Hopefully have that done in a couple weeks. It's a long and winding road that's for sure. But will be so worth it when it's done. I got mine from Miami for$3000 it's got original motor and transmission some rust to deal with but not too bad for the year. It was also originally sold in Washington Kansas which I thought was cool. How far along are you on your car?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back