Superman... UPGRADES!! Dyesublimation Printing

Cptnchaos

Hey there, I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with this.

I want to go from THIS plain BLUE spandex superman:

IMG_1906.jpg

To this patterned Returns suit:

theshield9gz-769916.jpg

I was wondering if there is anyone who can do Dyesublimation Printing on Stretch Fabrics. Is this at all possible. AFFORDABLE and available?? All I need is the fabric to have the diamond pattern put on it and I can handle the rest.

Please let me know if anyone knows ANYTHING about who I can talk to about this.

Thanks..

Damian

<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ May 22 2006, 01:20 PM) [snapback]1248542[/snapback]</div>
where do you live? i know a dye sub company
[/b]
\

I live in NORTH HOLLYWOOD California.

Damian

I don't think that pattern is printed on there. Looks like it's the weave of the fabric. The offset square within a square is a fairly common design pattern in fabrics.

It is a particular weave.

Also, the suit itself is available from the manufacturer. They bought the suits essentially ready-made and then customized them.

The suits are available but if I remember correctly that the Supes suit has the diamond pattern while the readily available one is a bump/circle pattern... So it won't be totally accurate. :unsure

This will be cool (and it's weird how people are warming up to the suit.).

From an interview with the costume designer and costume supervisor:

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Q: And what are the stripes just supposed to be? Definition?

Louise: Just kind of movement of the wind, something to look at. I mean the thing about this suit is that it's so simple, it's nice to have some things that kind of give a little something to look at which is why we printed this suit with a little bit of a texture, why we did this seam on the trunks, why we gave texture to the S, why we gave a texture to the cape. It's all sort of things to kind of give it kind of dimension. And again the style lines which is something to kind of catch your eye. And also we used them as something to

[/b]

They also mention it's made from milliskin and how thin it was, which doesn't sound like a coarse fabric but who knows? Here's the link to the interview. K

costume interview

If I remember, the suits were made by Speedo. Take a look at these bodysuits HERE.

In looking at the extreme close-up pic posted above, I do wonder if the diamond pattern was screened onto the material, then sent to Speedo for manufacture.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(Kittlemeier @ May 24 2006, 04:20 AM) [snapback]1249532[/snapback]</div>
From an interview with the costume designer and costume supervisor:

<div class='quotetop'>
Q: And what are the stripes just supposed to be? Definition?

Louise: Just kind of movement of the wind, something to look at. I mean the thing about this suit is that it's so simple, it's nice to have some things that kind of give a little something to look at which is why we printed this suit with a little bit of a texture, why we did this seam on the trunks, why we gave texture to the S, why we gave a texture to the cape. It's all sort of things to kind of give it kind of dimension. And again the style lines which is something to kind of catch your eye. And also we used them as something to

[/b]

They also mention it's made from milliskin and how thin it was, which doesn't sound like a coarse fabric but who knows? Here's the link to the interview. K

costume interview
[/b][/quote]

THAT is an Awesome article...

THANK YOU for posting it..

D

Topps has some of the costume pieces on their cards. I have a piece of the cape, and am waiting for a piece of the blue part of the costume to come in the mail. I will tell you more about the blue part when it arrives.

You can currently find them on ebay.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back