Superman The Movie - Custom 3.75 inch action figure project and Palitoy / Kenner cardbacks *FULLY PAINTED PHOTOS*

I'm closing the list on these. Valuable lesson learned about spending a lot of money on a commission that turned out to be of little interest to anyone except me. Sadly. that means I won't be doing the other characters. At least I've got some nice cards to look at.

Mods - Please delete the thread.

Hey Chris,

Do not have this thread removed please. These are not regular times and folks may not have had an opportunity to watch your incredible work ... so orders may still come in over time o_O

I'm grateful to be able to enjoy your hard labour when my Palitoy Superman arrives soon :)

Chaïm

Here's my "rough" painted Superman figure (I'm no painter) on my custom Kenner Superman The Movie card alongside a "Smith Lord Creations" Kenner Stormtrooper carded figure. Their figures are professionally made at a factory in China but I'm thrilled to be able to say that my card is every bit as authentic looking and has a neater trimming job and shelf hanger hole punched. LOL.

Attachments

• 20200829_171620-1.jpg
    20200829_171620-1.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 209
Your painted Superman looks great. Nice work. Leave the threads up. Maybe when people see how awesome the Superman looks painted and in the package you might get some more interest.

Thanks. It was really just painted as a test to try out the colours. I used a selection of Tamiya paints straight out of the pot and just brush painted it without thinning the paint. I also messed up the chest logo decal because I didn't paint the background for it white enough or extend it out far enough to the edge of the engraved outline on the figure (that's why there is a darker border on the outside edges because the blue tunic colour is showing through the decal which was printed onto transparent decal paper. Overall, it's cool to see a painted figure on the card though after all these months of looking at just the grey render or grey primer painted figures.

Your painted Superman looks great. Nice work. Leave the threads up. Maybe when people see how awesome the Superman looks painted and in the package you might get some more interest.

Here's my "rough" painted Superman figure (I'm no painter) on my custom Kenner Superman The Movie card alongside a "Smith Lord Creations" Kenner Stormtrooper carded figure. Their figures are professionally made at a factory in China but I'm thrilled to be able to say that my card is every bit as authentic looking and has a neater trimming job and shelf hanger hole punched. LOL.
This looks excellent. You did a fantastic job on the paint. (y)

All my art, from models to furniture to paintings, I do to please only myself (and maybe my wife). So I have loved this thread. Its the kind of magnificent obsession to obscure detail that makes the RPF great!

Finally received a loose Mattel DC Multiverse Keaton Batman figure to try out with my custom cardback. VERY happy with how it looks. Just waiting on a bubble tall enough to use with the card because my standard bubbles aren't quite tall enough to fit the ears inside!

Attachments

• 20200906_145352-1.jpg
    20200906_145352-1.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 132
Jim Bowers from www.capedwonder.com just received his figures and cards. In his own words, here's what he had to say about them:

"Hi Chris! Wow! Wow!
Absolutely marvelous!!!!!!
Thanks SO much! What an amazing project!!!!! You deserve a rousing applause!
Your cards are absolutely perfect. I feel like I just opened a package from 1978!!!
"

By popular demand, I've added the John Wesley Shipp 90's The Flash TV Series to the Kenner cards.

Attachments

• Kenner-The Flash Card-Front.jpg
    Kenner-The Flash Card-Front.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 87
hi all,
Chris there amazing they took me right back to being a kid and visiting my old toy shop called treasure island I will be definitely getting some more at the end of the month they look and feel like they did way back in the day, don’t sit on the fence, you’ll definitely kick yourself for not getting these
dave

Finished the back of the Robo card. I love doing these things!

Attachments

• Kenner-Robocop Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-Robocop Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 99

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back