Superman Returns Suit Progress

MattMunson

Master Member
My longest running project is STILL happening! I've been going like gangbusters the past few weeks, now that I've finally figured out a secret/trick to working with brushed on urethane in a silicone mold. Hard to believe how many years have passed since I started this :D

I just put together a big blog post documenting all of my recent progress, and it also talks about some of the specifics of the materials I'm using.
http://mattmunson.blogspot.com/2015/08/superman-returns-costume-project-that.html

2%2Bcape%2Bmold.jpg

I followed this a few yrs back. Glad to see its still going! Amazing job so far. How long before you think the project will be completed?

I followed this a few yrs back. Glad to see its still going! Amazing job so far. How long before you think the project will be completed?

Jeez man, that's really the ten million dollar question! lol. I dunno. There's still a few things that need to click into place, but I'm really back at it in high gear right now, so who knows. I think really the long pole in the tent is me! I need to get huge!!! :p

Here's the latest blog post, filled with loads of new pictures. It's a bit of a read, but those who are familiar with my blog know that it's all about the details.
http://mattmunson.blogspot.com/2015/08/superman-returns-costume-r-update.html

here's a sneak peak from the blog post, for those who are believers in the TL:DR lifestyle:
10%2Bemblem%2Breveal.jpg

Good job Matt. I just took a quick look at your blog. Try aquaseal for the adhesion problems. I have used it to glue up urethane armor to spandex.

Saw your Superman emblem, underside of the boots etc in the video from the SoCal party at Frank's place. Looked great! :D

Any more updates? ;)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back