Superman Concept Manip Requested

WhoKnows8701

So I am looking to get this suit made into reality. I will be having someb:lolody else create the suit by printing it on dyed-sublimation lycra. A fellow member of a different site designed the suit concept, but has since deleted his account and I can't get a hold of him. Anyways, I am looking for someone who can manip/remake this design. Showing different angles so that a costume designer can easily create this suit. Can anybody help me out? I am not looking for any commission work btw. Just a friendly soul to help me out lol.

I can't draw or else I would do it myself lol

Thanks in advance guys

supermanredesignjy92-1.jpg

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity...how can this be his 3rd post when his post count is 1?

Reel

I wondered the same thing... the post have also been either deleted or moved (although I can't find them anywhere now). It's just weird, but I've personally responded to two other posts related to this very suit by an author that was asking for someone to assist him in creating the costume.

It's strange. :confused

I wondered the same thing... the post have also been either deleted or moved (although I can't find them anywhere now). It's just weird, but I've personally responded to two other posts related to this very suit by an author that was asking for someone to assist him in creating the costume.

It's strange. :confused

I remember seeing those.

He posted this yesterday and I had subscribed to it, and then he deleted it. I had posted in the thread as well, and then suddenly gone.
Not sure if I upset him by posting a edited pic of the suit in armor form like he originaly said he wanted it (He wanted it ironman meets superman).

The other posts kept getting deleted cause I was asking for commissioned work on the wrong forum. So they got deleted by mods. Now that I understand what I can post. I decides to ask just for help with the redesigning part. Nothing commissioned

He posted this yesterday and I had subscribed to it, and then he deleted it. I had posted in the thread as well, and then suddenly gone.
Not sure if I upset him by posting a edited pic of the suit in armor form like he originaly said he wanted it (He wanted it ironman meets superman).

Sadly I never got to see your pic. The mods deleted it before I got a chance to respond

The other posts kept getting deleted cause I was asking for commissioned work on the wrong forum. So they got deleted by mods. Now that I understand what I can post. I decides to ask just for help with the redesigning part. Nothing commissioned

Well, that makes sense and now I feel a little better about my sanity. :lol:thumbsup

I have been thinking about working on an armored superman suit for a while, but never put anything on paper, until last night when I replied to your thread I sat and threw a design together using part of Ironmans armor, your design and my own ideas. Here is what I came up with.
supermanarmor-1.jpg

I have been thinking about working on an armored superman suit for a while, but never put anything on paper, until last night when I replied to your thread I sat and threw a design together using part of Ironmans armor, your design and my own ideas. Here is what I came up with.
supermanarmor-1.jpg

Very interesting. I was thinking on making my design be armor instead of lycra, but armour would have been too expensive

Thanks.
it wont be that expensive, not if you used foam for the most part. Trust me the foam for this suit ould cost maybe $20-$30 then you need the cape boots and under suit. If in doubt check out the many great foam builds, I would reckomend checking out mine. http://www.therpf.com/f24/another-i...orry-another-one-painting-foam-helmet-111277/ The foam I use comes in 2 ft x 2ft squares and you get 4 of them for $10.00
And indiefilmgeek's http://www.therpf.com/f24/wip-ironman-costume-5yr-old-foam-back-armor-pics-113546/.

Last edited:
Thanks.
it wont be that expensive, not if you used foam for the most part. Trust me the foam for this suit ould cost maybe $20-$30 then you need the cape boots and under suit. If in doubt check out the many great foam builds, I would reckomend checking out mine. http://www.therpf.com/f24/another-i...orry-another-one-painting-foam-helmet-111277/ The foam I use comes in 2 ft x 2ft squares and you get 4 of them for $10.00
And indiefilmgeek's http://www.therpf.com/f24/wip-ironman-costume-5yr-old-foam-back-armor-pics-113546/.

Got any pics of the finished product?

Were both still working on them, mine is on hold for a month or two as explained in my thread. But seriously, foam is very popular right now. Lots of amazing projects have been done with it, just do a search on foam. If you wanted to try it give it a go. I would love to give you any advice and pointers I could. Trust me Last year I had never done anything like this, but buying a costume or getting someone to make one for me was just way out of my budget (Stay at home Dad, wife gives me a little bit of pocket money) lol.

I decided to take a stab at a simple look at the design in case anyone wants something more detailed. There were three shades of blue in the suit I didn't try to get it exact but you can still see the difference in the section. And the S was done very quickly.

Supere.jpg

Whoknows, random's fleshing out of this design points out an issue: the middle looks goofy, at best like an egg shape and at worst like, well, not very supermanly. Might want to think that area over a bit. Good luck though! Always like fresh looks at old characters.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back