Superior/Advanced Spider-man build

3hree6ixty

Hi everyone.

First thread here and I just want to share and document my newest spideysuit build, and maybe get a few pointers along the way.

Basically its the Advanced Suit pattern made by TheHeroArtist that I've recolored to resemble Superior spider-man.

rq11981h8u921.jpg

I initially saw this and immediately wanted to go ahead with it.
pwngzD7

advanced-suit-superior.jpg

Also looking to puffy paint the seams (not the web pattern) and also recreate the soles as much as I can. And I also have some scrap leftover red tolex for the swooshes on the feet and heels.

And maybe patterned EVA foam (2mm thickness) for the spider insignias and knuckles and hands.
I'm setting aside a budget of $200 and that would probably be enough hopefully.

Do drop your thoughts and suggestions.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion but if you get the suit printed without being sewn I might suggest using a product called Dragon Skin for the black armor and insignia pieces in place of foam. It will shine a bit and you probably could mix in black pigment for the color. If you haven't seen this video you could probably utilize it to help. Other than that it looks like it will be an awesome suit when done.

Thanks for the suggestion Grizwald200. I was actually considering the dragon skin method, but decided against it for this project as I'm just gonna use what I already have (the EVA Foam) and that I am getting this suit sewn for me.

But definitely gonna use the dragon skin for an upcoming Big-time stealth suit.

12382 That's a great suit! But yeah. I'm still in progress to a Spideyfit body, so final measurements will have to wait a few weeks.Thanks for the heads up anyway.

So I got a spare set of TASM2 webshooters:
IMG_20190305_220252_HDR.jpg
Not sure if I should end up using them and give 'em fresh colors or scrap the idea and build a version of the superior gauntlets.

As for the lens, I'm pretty torn between making the slanty superior lens, ps4 with black tint lens or repurpose these:
IMG_20190305_220323_HDR.jpg

I can tint pretty much any white/clear lenses black as the above photo, so that would be a non-issue.

Okay. So I finally got around to get the suit printed.
IMG_20190614_203930.jpg
IMG_20190614_203942.jpg
However, despite being amazed at how the colours turned out, it's a disappointment.

Had a couple of unprinted spots in the material:
IMG_20190614_203955.jpg

Finger fourchettes provided were not used:
IMG_20190614_204201.jpg

Sewing alignments are all over the place:
IMG_20190614_204045.jpg
IMG_20190614_204201.jpg

Will be going to get another zentai producer to get my suit done. Not exactly sure what to do with this one though. Oh well.

The correctly-printed suit just came in with a few minor misaligned seams. But anyway, I have already started to puffy paint the suit (not the webs, though).

Trying to get it close to the details on the game.

Attachments

• IMG_20190821_103130.jpg
    IMG_20190821_103130.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 575

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back