Suit cooling

shockwave1

I know there's been a few different ways discussed on the Lair about the all important cooling, but here's one i haven't seen and I've been thinking about. It's only in the planning stages at the moment, but I thought this might help or give other hunters/huntresses some ideas:

On the back of the skin I'll be adding a backpack/back armour. Nothing special there...
The skin will then have an rectangular/square opening cut out so that it's still covered by the backpack, but offers a decent surface area.
I then plan on adding a few 120mm computer fans to the inside of the backpack to create direct airflow onto my back.
The central part will most likely need some sort of reinforcement or even be made of resin, and have a few slits/holes to allow cool air in/warm air out.
To help the skin keep its shape I'll probably add a few thin strips of velcro across the open area, and maybe even velcro a few points of the backpack onto the skin to help keep it in place.

Anyway, that's my small contribution for the time being... What do you guys and gals think?

I'm not sure how it will go to be honest. I tried a similar thing in my clone armour - fan in the backplate - and didn't feel any noticeable difference. An ice vest would be the way to go, if you can fit one under the skin.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back