Studio Scale USS Excelsior

JPolacchi

Sr Member
Has anyone attempted to make a studio scale miniature of the USS Excelsior,or close to it?I've been looking for good references to get/make some blueprints(no luck yet) and have been looking for the 41" Lunar Model USS Excelsior vacuform kit to modify/improve(no luck yet...still searching).I'd be interested if anyone has one to trade,or sell.I could also use a boost in the right direction concerning "good" reference material concerning the Excelsior.If anyone can help,I'd much appreciate it,thanks much-John

I have one as well. I have already done extensive reworking to mine and would either make it much more appealing to someone or much less appealing, depending on their assessment of my work. I was extremely in love with this ship design when I was growing up and the Lunar Models variant of this design wasnt doing it for me. I started my kit in 1994 and I ended up shelving it years ago due to the lack of time and tools to do it the way I wanted it. I took it out a few months ago and began work on it again but there are a lot of changes to be made, even to the work I did on it. I am totally resculpting the secondary hull by the way. I have a lot of photo reference of the model that I have collected from online sources if you'd like some pics. Just IM me on AOL instant messenger at josh1cal, or email me. I would probably sell my model but someone would look at it in disgust or amazement if they got it. I dont know if anyone would know what to make of it. I have done a lot of things that I need to finish before it looks right. I will try to take some photos to show you what I mean.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back